PDA

View Full Version : Whats the right age to bring kids

MKFD43
07-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I have a 5 and 3 year old and I was wondering what is the right age to take them on the cruise. I want them to be able to enjoy themselves but I don't feel comfortable letting them in teh hands of cast members like I have scene on travel channel shows. :rocks::ambal::fireman:

DisneyFr33k
07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
It really depends on your children. If they are outgoing-types (i.e. never met a stranger), like my DD, then they'll do fine. We went on our first Disney cruise when our DD was 10 and our DS was 8. DD LOVED her kids club - living there every moment. Our shy son stayed with us, swimming, playing games, etc. There is plenty to do as families as well as kids in their clubs.

Our last cruise was in May to Alaska. Our kids are now 13 and 11 and they opened a new tween club - The Edge. Our kids lived there- even our son .. he really grew confidence! They both became very close to their three couselors and cried when we left. Yes, even being middle schoolers!

Don't worry about the club couselors. They are just "baby sitters". Most, if not all, have degrees or lots of experience with children or education. They set up fantastic experiences tailored for each age group.

Whatever age you decide to take them, you can try it and if it doesn't "fit", you can opt not to participate in those programs and take advantage of all there is to do as a family.

Good luck!