PDA

View Full Version : On Line Check In

waymickey
07-09-2011, 04:31 PM
So I was wondering how many people do th eonline check in for the Cruise. Seems to me that there would be no Cons to doing this as your stateroom is already booked .

I am starting to do this at home and find that check in time and the one right after are locked. Anyone Know why they would be locked?

thanks for any info.

DisneyFr33k
07-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Are you in the time window to register? You have to be a certain number of days away from your cruise to do so.

waymickey
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM
My trip is in August about a month away. I think I would be within the time frame. I did cruise with disney in 2006 but there wasn't online check in a that time or at least I didn't do it. I want to be able board the ship as quick as possible so we can explore the ship. Any info would be great.

sara114
07-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I would guess that many people have already chosen the time slot and you will need to choose another one. What I understand is they are trying to reduce the number of people waiting. The dream holds larger number of people, so common sense , it will take longer to get everyone onto the ship. It also takes longer to get everyone OFF the ship and prepare it for the next sailing.

Imalismom
07-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Okay, this is what I know so far - beginning with the August 2nd cruise this year, DCL is going to what I term "check-in" times. I'm not too read up on them, since I am not cruising this summer. These are now called “Port arrival times”. This is what I got from a travel agency:

A NEW feature is the Port Arrival Time. To improve the flow of arriving Guests at each departure port and minimize check-in wait times, a Port Arrival Time will now be assigned. Please note that the assigned arrival time is not an indicator of the actual time for boarding the ship.

Each arrival time slot has a limited number of spaces. Therefore, Guest should complete their online check-in as soon as possible in order to have access to the largest selection of available arrival times.

•This is not applicable to Concierge and Platinum Guests, who can arrive at any time.
•Guest who purchase Disney Cruise Line Air or Ground Transportation will not need to select a time.
•For Guest with independently purchased air, only times appropriate for their flight arrival time will appear.

If you have already fully completed the online check-in process for an upcoming cruise (prior to these enhancements), any submitted information will be transferred over. However, Guests are encouraged to login and select a Port Arrival time.

Also

New Online Cruise Check-In Process

Enhanced online check-in process for Disney Cruise Line, “My Online Check-In.”

From DCL: You now can look forward to a more intuitive and streamlined input with improved technology that makes it easier and quicker to complete the necessary forms. In addition, a new animated video has been created featuring Goofy, who can help you walk through the process.

Here are some of the enhancements:
• More easily understood, smaller sections to simplify the process.
• Ability to easily enter information for the entire traveling party.
• Ability to enter shared information (such as home address) once and apply to additional members of the traveling party.
• If a Guest has cruised with Disney before some information automatically populates, such as address or passport information, reducing input time.

Now, the question I have been hearing is: Is DCL going to enforce this? If my arrival time is 1:30, and I arrive at 11:30, am I going to have to stand outside until my time has come (sorta like a fast pass time) – what I am hearing is yes. What actually happens no one will know until after the Aug 2nd cruisers are back and someone says something.

So, to answer your question – (a little long winded to get to the actual question – sorry), is that the locked times probably have reached their maximum number in that time slot.

And if you do not do online check in at all, you will have a different line to stand in to check in (not sure what that exactly means, - will it be like the single riders on a rideline?? - if there is a spot in a time slot open, they let a family into the terminal ??????)

Hope this helps,

Ed
07-13-2011, 11:40 AM
So I was wondering how many people do th eonline check in for the Cruise. Seems to me that there would be no Cons to doing this as your stateroom is already booked .

I am starting to do this at home and find that check in time and the one right after are locked. Anyone Know why they would be locked?

thanks for any info.

I just completed my online check-in this morning, and noticed that the arrival time and everything to the right of it were "locked" until I completed the other sections. As soon as I completed the Onboard Account section, the others were unlocked and I was able to pick my arrival time.

Imalismom
07-13-2011, 11:43 AM
I just completed my online check-in this morning, <snip>.

Just saying I'm jealous! --> I now return you to Port check in times :mickey:

waymickey
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I cruise in just 14 days and can't wait. I did get a arrival time of 1:00 however I plan to arrive at 11:30. We are driving from WDW and will check out at 10:00 and drive over. If they do not let me in to the terminal, I guess I can explore the other ports. I hope they let me in I can't wait to explore the ship!

My original problem is that I did not complete the section on the On-line check in and that is why it was locked. While the online check in is for the most part easy to use, it is at times unclear. I did not know I had to complete the sections in order and did not find out until I called the cruise .

marlyn
07-30-2011, 10:06 AM
I did my online check in and got a port arrival time of 11:00. I did my online check in before my parents, who are travelling with me, as I am a casatway member. When it was time to do my parent's check in, the 11:00 time slot wasn't available. I could only get them 12:30. I phoned DCL about this and they said my parents could check in with me at 11:00.

LorrieP
08-04-2011, 05:42 PM
I just completed my online check-in this morning,

I'm so jealous because I know you were on the same cruise I was on in May!!!