PDA

View Full Version : What to Pre-Ship?

mgmnut
07-09-2011, 03:36 PM
We arrive at WDW next Sat 7/16 :mickey:. We are staying at VWL in a 1 BR :cap:. We will have a full kitchen and a Washer/Drier.

With baggage costs these days we are trying to pack 2 suit cases with 2 people per suit case. These are 2 pretty good size bags and it should not be a problem, especially if we pack enough clothes for a 4 day trip and just do laundy during the week. With in room W/D I have no issues with that.

Also, to reduce the need to use up prime real estate inside the suit cases we decided to pre-ship ourselves a package with our necessities and added some snacks, cereals, etc. to have in the room with us. All the package contents add up to about 10lbs and UPS will ship it for $15.00 ground and it will still get there 3 days early if we ship it out monday.

We plan on eating breakfast in the room a few mornings, of course we will eat breakfast out a few as well.

Here is my list, if anyone can think of anything I missed, or suggest I should add, please let me know.

-Coffee
-15 individual sugar packs (for my coffee)
-10 truvia packs (DW coffee)
-Coffee filters (10)
-8 individual Cereal boxes (kids)
-8 individual Cereal Boxes (berry special K)
-Apple and berry Cereal Bars
-Ritz Peanut Butter Crackers
-individual sugar free drink mixes (for waters)
-Tooth Paste
-Travel packs of Wet Ones (to carry in the parks)
-mouth wash
-Shampoo
-Sun Block
-After Sun Aloa lotion
-Rain Ponchos (although I never use one)
-2 Bars Soap
-Pre-Measured out laundry detergent, enough for 4 full loads.
-mini (to go) first aid kit
-mini empty lotion bottles to carry extra sun screen and lotion with us to the parks

We plan on brining none of this back, we bought travel size products where applicable. I am also going to have groceries shipped to the resort when we get down there, such as:

Milk
Coffee Cream
Eggs
Butter
Bread
English muffins
Case of water
1lb of bacon

faline
07-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Sounds like you're well organized and have things thought out! Enjoy! :mickey:

teambricker04
07-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Sounds similar to the list I was just working on!

We added some extra snacks and easy mac packets as our DSs tend to get SUPER hungry at all times of the day when we are busy at the parks. We also added PB&J for sandwiches.

Good luck with the list!

KAT1811
07-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Microwave popcorn. We usually buy a bucket of popcorn on our first full day in WDW and from then on out pop our own in the villa (or food court) and refill the bucket for the rest of the week.

Dryer sheets if you use them.

How about a small collapsible cooler and ice pack for water bottles at the parks?

faline
07-10-2011, 04:36 PM

I now bring the all in one sheets that are a detergent first and then go with the load into the dryer as a dryer sheet.

AmandaChan
07-10-2011, 06:53 PM
we preshipped a box and it was soo much cheaper via fed ex vs. usps. if you were going through usps I would recommend not to but it looks like you're going through ups.

my only recommendation then would be for the detergent we packed those sheets that you put in the washer and then the dryer... two come in a pack and it was only $1 for a pack. better than hauling around packs of liquid detergent that can bust? they def weight a lot less. and we use the gentle detergent at home and I was worried about it making my baby break out but it was fine. also you can use them in HE washer and dryers.

also we packed a ton of diapers. for those that are reading this... pack twice as much as you thin you'll use!!! I packed almost 40 diapers and brought 10 on the plane. I ended up having to buy two packs of diapers at the resort store b/c we ran out. they were $15 a piece! I couldn't believe it :unsure:

mgmnut
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Microwave popcorn. We usually buy a bucket of popcorn on our first full day in WDW and from then on out pop our own in the villa (or food court) and refill the bucket for the rest of the week.

How about a small collapsible cooler and ice pack for water bottles at the parks?

Dang, I should have thought of popcorn, my wife and kids eat popcarn all the time. :popcorn:

I did pack about 10 dryer sheets

we preshipped a box and it was soo much cheaper via fed ex vs. usps. if you were going through usps I would recommend not to but it looks like you're going through ups.

my only recommendation then would be for the detergent we packed those sheets that you put in the washer and then the dryer... two come in a pack and it was only $1 for a pack. better than hauling around packs of liquid detergent that can bust? they def weight a lot less. and we use the gentle detergent at home and I was worried about it making my baby break out but it was fine. also you can use them in HE washer and dryers.

also we packed a ton of diapers. for those that are reading this... pack twice as much as you thin you'll use!!! I packed almost 40 diapers and brought 10 on the plane. I ended up having to buy two packs of diapers at the resort store b/c we ran out. they were $15 a piece! I couldn't believe it :unsure:

Thank Goodness we are beyond the diaper years (although sometimes I miss having little ones) :baby: The youngest (twins) are 13, going to be 14 in a couple months

For the Laundry detergent I just pre-measured out powered detergent into ziplock bags and then just buddled all the little bags into a bigger one all sealed up nice nice. Same for things like truvia, sugar packets, etc. I only sent down what I think we will use.

We ended up shipping the package out this morning, should be there by end of day Thurs using UPS Ground. The package ended up being a little over 15lbs, UPS cost $19.00. I just looked and Fedex would have been a little more than $17.00, USPS would be well over $30.00. :jaw:

I packed it all in a 12w x 12d x 16h box, sealed it up, and wrapped it in thick, plain, brown postal wrap. I addressed the front and let everyone decorate the other 3 sides, top, and bottom. My wife just told me the UPS guy got a real kick out of the colorfully decorated box with Disney Signage and Mickey Heads all over it when she went to ship it. We copied some of the old school Disney lettering and logo's onto the box. It was fun, it turned a chore into a fun family project and helped us get more excited for the upcoming trip. Not an inch was left un-decorated on the 3 sides of the box. :gift: