PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort

Not2Loud
07-08-2011, 07:54 PM
So, DD8 and I are back at WDW tonight after seeing the shuttle take-off this morning.

I decided to stay at CBR since I had never stayed there before. We have been here about 4 hours (I have DD8 napping so we can hit Magic Hours at MK tonight) and love it here. The theming is great, pools is fun, food court is good.

I got the Pirate themed room as a surprise for my daughter and she absolutely loves it. I scored big Daddy points on this one.

I miss the boat to DTD at PORFQ and the queen bed I had earlier this week at CSR.

However, this resort fits my personality. Just thought I would share!

DisneyPrincess21
07-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Glad you're having a great time at CBR! That is my favorite resort. And I personally love the pirate rooms.

:tink:
I Hope You Have A Magical Vacation! :wave:

Not2Loud
07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Is there anything I should make sure to see or do here at CBR?

Christine
07-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I really love cbr! I have fond memories, as it was the first resort we stayed our first trip to wdw!

Have a wonderful weekend and I'm SO jealous you got to see the shuttle- I was at work and forgot to go look outside! :(

Darbylew
07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
We love the CBR and have stayed there in the
past. Glad you like it. Have a fun time!

spoiledraf
07-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the great post. I've been thinking aobut staying there next year. We usually stay at the BC but I am retiring next year and we want to take the whole family (6 adults and 3 little ones). We need to be a little more cost effective than a deluxe since I'll be buying three rooms for a week.

Anyway, we had made reservations at CBR maybe 16 years ago for one of our first visits on property. We got an offer to upgrade to BC and have been at deluxe resorts ever since. Of course that was Disneys plan all along when they got us to stay the first time! But we will be checking CBR out in four weeks on our next visit to the BC. Glad to know it's getting good reviews.

DisneyPrincess21
07-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Is there anything I should make sure to see or do here at CBR?

Make sure you do the pool by the main gift shop/food court area. It is all done up in an old Spanish Fortress kind of look, very pirate like. If your Daughter loves the Pirate room, I think she will have a blast at the pool.

Also, It is nice just to sit down on the beach and lay in the hammock while your daughter plays in the sand or at the play area.

One of my favorite things to do, is to go down to the walkway by the beach and watch Illuminations. If you listen carefully you can hear the music faintly in the distance :cloud9: That is one of my absolute must do's every time I visit CBR! :pirate:

MarkC
07-08-2011, 11:45 PM
We've stayed there a couple of times and loved it. Great grounds and maybe the best food court on property. Enjoy your stay.

Not2Loud
07-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I know we all get our walking exercise in as it is at WDW, but the paths here along the lake are beautiful and make me want to get out and get my normal daily 3 miles in.

Christine
07-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I know we all get our walking exercise in as it is at WDW, but the paths here along the lake are beautiful and make me want to get out and get my normal daily 3 miles in.

I wholeheartedly agree! I could walk / run around there endlessly! It's lovely and with that steel drum music in the background...:cloud9:

ransam
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
i have always wanted to stay at the CBR.