PDA

View Full Version : Newest ride to movie - Matterhorn??

DisneyQuester
07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Just read in the Hollywood Reporter that Disney has hired a writer and producer for a movie based on the Matterhorn ride to be named "The Hill." With the Haunted Mansion 'revisit', Jungle Cruise, and Magic Kingdom movies already in the works, it seems like Disney has run out of original ideas and is looking for another POTC franchise. Personally, I don't think the premise hikers meet yeti on a hill appeals to the masses. Here is to hoping the relatively unknown writer has some magic up his sleeves :artist:

What do you guys think?

Stu29573
07-09-2011, 09:03 AM
What's really weird is that it is already tied into a movie, Third Man on the Mountain.

JPL
07-09-2011, 01:05 PM
I have no problem with them making movies based on rides/attractions as long as they entertaining movies. Of course I feel the same way when they base attractions on movies. As for the track record so far. Pirates was the homerun of the group, Haunted Mansion was some what in the middle, and the complete fail was the Country Bears!

mommad
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I guess I'm the oddball here but I liked The Haunted Mansion movie. It had a good story to me and yet it wasn't so spooky that it couldn't be watched by almost everybody. The thing I am worried about with the remake is that it is going to be too spooky and not have as wide of an audience as the first one did.

caryrae
07-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I have no problem with them making movies based on rides/attractions as long as they entertaining movies. Of course I feel the same way when they base attractions on movies. As for the track record so far. Pirates was the homerun of the group, Haunted Mansion was some what in the middle, and the complete fail was the Country Bears!

What about the Tower of Terror?:)

JPL
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Tower of Terror was ok but only because it was a made for TV movie so never really expected it to be great.

disneycutie165
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure how this movie will do- people may soon get tired of Disney movies. Nothing will be as big for Disney as POTC. The storyline may be a little hard to plot, but POTC was also the same way and look how much of a plot that gained! My question is how will they be able to fit a 1 and a half/2 hour time slot with such a short ride?

Aurora
08-01-2011, 05:00 PM
people may soon get tired of Disney movies. Nothing will be as big for Disney as POTC.

Disney has its share of bombs, and sometimes originality is nowhere to be found, but you can never count out Disney storytelling. "Tangled" grossed more than a half-billion worldwide, and "Alice in Wonderland" didn't make as much as "Toy Story 3," but no one was complaining, because they each grossed over $1 billion worldwide. And the first Narnia movie made more worldwide than the first POTC movie.

As long as there is a good story to be told well, people will not get tired of the Disney logo.

RBrooksC
08-05-2011, 08:58 AM
What's really weird is that it is already tied into a movie, Third Man on the Mountain.

Agreed. I guess because it wasn't a very popular movie and a majority of the people don't realize it.

But, again, this brings up the point that Walt Disney himself used the rides and the park attractions to promote his TV shows and movies.