PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan for one night?

Mammabruski
07-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi all,
We'll be going back to the most magical place in the world in just under a year, and for the most part we'll be staying DVC. BUT, the night we arrive we're going to stay at the new Art of Animation Resort, then we'll transfer for our week at either OKW, VWL or BLT (time will tell)! My mom had the idea of getting the Deluxe Dining plan for that one night we're staying at AoA. How does that work? For some reason I thought that the dining plan had to include the arrival and departure day, so we'd actually have two days on the plan. Is that right? My DM thinks that that we can get it just for one day, and that we can use it the night we arrive or the day we check out.

This is what we were thinking: we wouldn't use the plan the day we arrive, so we can enjoy the new resort, then we would do breakfast either at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace on the first full morning (the day we check out of AoA). Then we would do CRT for two credits that evening.

Would this work? It seems like it could be a good savings as together both meals are going to cost more than the cost of the DLX DDP. Thanks!

SBETigg
07-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't think you can get the dining plan for a one night stay. I think it has to be a minimum three or four night stay? I could be wrong, but pretty sure you can't attach DP for a one or two night stay. If you could, it goes for nights of stay- so if you are staying one night, you get one day's worth of DP credits and not two days on the plan, but it would be usable from check in until midnight on the day you check out.

brivers222
07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Dining plan entitlements are for each NIGHT of your stay... they entitlements are available for your entire stay (aka for a 1 day it would be check in and check out day)...

I went on waltdisneyworld.com and brought up a 1 day package (tickets and hotel) and it DID allow me to choose a Dining Plan.

So in order to get the dining plan you need to book a MYW complete package (1 day tickets are the lowest you can go)

Mickey'sGirl
07-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I contacted Disney to get confirmation on this. This is the response I received.

"All of our dining packages must be booked in all inclusive packages with Magic Your Way tickets and your Walt Disney WorldŽ resort. You can include 1-day tickets and then you will be able to add the dining package for your length of stay.

You can add a dining package to a reservation from 1 - 14 night stays. Dining will always match the number of nights that you stay.

If you are an Annual Passholder you may include a dining package in your reservation without Magic Your Way tickets included. If you do not have an Annual Pass, you must purchase Magic Your Way tickets."

I hope this information helps.

brivers222
07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
okay good, so i supplied the correct information :)

DebK
07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I did this last month. We stayed one night at the AKL with an AP room rate with the deluxe dining added and then we moved over to our DVC place at BLT the next day. We used 1 credit at Boma for breakfast and then 2 credits at Narcoossee's that night when we were actually at BLT. The dining credits are good the minute you check-in until midnight of your "Check-out" day.......

Mammabruski
07-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Hmmmm.... Since we're staying in a suite, my two parents will have AP's - but my sister, myself and my older DD won't. I wonder if the savings is outweighed by having to buy 3 one-day passes? Or could we buy the multi-day pass we were going to buy anyways? I guess this is sliding away from dining, but you guys are so knowledgeable!

So new questions:
1. Since my folks have AP's does that exempt us all from buying one day passes?
2. If the answer to #1 is no, can we buy a multi-day pass instead of a one day even if we're only staying one night?

Thanks!

wildernesslady
07-08-2011, 01:56 PM
As long as one person has an AP, I believe everyone can get the DP that is staying in the same room. I do not think you have to get 3-1 day tickets. Good question?

gerald72
07-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Getting the deluxe dining plan for one night is a great idea. Here's my proof: Disney is disallowing it starting in 2012. So do it now! Next year you have to get a minimum of 3 nights.

DebK
07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
In 2012 you can still get the Deluxe Dining Plan for 1 night. There is now a 3 night minimum for the Premium and Platinum Packages.

Mammabruski
07-13-2011, 10:15 AM
So I think this is going to be a great way to go... with the dining surcharges the dining plan will be $89, but if you add up the dinner at CRT, breakfast at CM, two snacks and the refillable mug (a nice souvenir) the value is $113! Even if we weren't going to buy the snacks and the cup it would be a wash... so the cup and the snacks are a bonus!

Since we have to rebook, now I'm wondering if it would be a better use of money to stay at a resort for less than $400 per night....

Thanks everyone!:mickey:

VWL Mom
07-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Since your mom has an AP has she considered a TIW card. It would give you 20% off your TS meals & adult beverages and would be good for 1 year. The card is $75 but for us it has paid for itself a few times over. It does add an 18% tip but I think I read on another post that you will be a party of 6 so you would have 18% mandatory tip anyway.

SBETigg
07-14-2011, 09:58 AM
So glad this is going to work out for you! Enjoy!