PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a pool enhancement at OKW?

Mammabruski
07-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi all!

I was just looking at reports of the new Paddock Pool at SSR, and I was thinking about pool refurbs... Do you think they'll ever do one at OKW? Either the feature pool, or one of the quiet pools, like Turtle Pond? It sure would be nice to have a zero entry pool at OKW!

DVC2004
07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
It would be nice, I agree! I know with SSR initially it seemed too small a feature pool for the size of the resort. I like the pool at OKW and I know a few years ago they enhanced the slide. I would like a zero depth entry there too.

DisneyDudet
07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that OKW has had a pool upgrade in recent years, adding the water slide. It used to be the only resort without a slide, and owners were asking for one. They raised yearly dues for some time to pay for it. This is what I was told during a presentation (I could have been mistaken on the resort, but I am pretty sure it was OKW).

Any upgrades or enhancements to a DVC property will come with yearly dues increase (except for the 'fixing' BLT has had to do since the design was off), so that is why refurb doesn't occur as often as with other WDW properties.

Remember, they have upgraded most, if not all, the rooms at the resort within the past year or so.