PDA

View Full Version : Adults only, what would you do?

mdricks
07-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I take a 3 day weekend trip with 2 or 3 friends to the World every year. It’s mostly a gluttony experience (food and wine) although we play a round of golf or two. All 4 of us are Disney nuts and have been multiple times. We ride some rides, particularly anything new. We “drink around the world”. We eat at a new restaurant that at least one person hasn’t tired yet (running out of those), and generally get away from job and family to unwind.

Admittedly we spend most of our time inspecting the WDW bars and doing silly things like Karaoke at the Swan. I hesitate to say it’s getting stale but I will admit that in a place like WDW I can’t have "done it all" and would love some ideas.

So the question to my Intercot friends is this....

If you were on a trip with 3 mates, no family, what would you do?

thanks!

:number1:

SBETigg
07-08-2011, 11:16 AM
I would do the same things you've been doing, pretty much. Instead of the World Showcase drinking, maybe try a resort or monorail pub crawl instead? Shake it up a little that way. You could also try one of the tours, like the Epcot Segway tour. That could be fun and new for you.

vicster
07-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Ditto on the Epcot Segway Tour - it was a lot of fun!!!!!!

mdricks
07-08-2011, 12:06 PM
The segway tour was a lot of fun although I think we made our guide mad... we have a professioal motorcycle racer in our group and we fancy ourselves daredevils....

I don't know that they would let us do it again

:blush:

brivers222
07-08-2011, 12:09 PM
what ever happens in Disney, stays in Disney... Live it up!

NJGIRL
07-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I would do the Segway. We have never been able to do it since our son is too young.

How about the fireworks cruise. We may do this in Oct.

Another thing that looks cool is the private tour at the Animal Kingdom. You have to wear some type of harness and cable.

A non Disney suggestion. Try to switch your location for a couple of years. Going to the same place regardless of where it is every year could get stale. Try Universal, Las Vegas, Williamsburg or even Disneyland. If you and your friends like hockey, baseball or football try visiting a different city each year to experience their fields or arenas. This way you also get to experience different foods, bars and clubs in that city.