PDA

View Full Version : Conquered the post-Disney blues

VWL Mom
07-07-2011, 08:20 AM
We returned home on June 30th from DS16's Disney birthday. DH, myself, DS19 and GF, DS16 and BF. We had great time but it was just different having non-Disney folk with us. My boys talked about something missing.

I had $350 in my JetBlue account from the airfares going down, money on my Disney rewards card, and some extra cash from selling old jewelry and thought what the heck, let's go back next month. Threw the idea up to them to see if it would fly and they jumped on it. Got an AP rate at WL, caught some good rates on JB and we are booked.

A great way to end the summer before DS19 goes back to college, a mom and her boys trip. I am so blessed that they still appreciate that time together. :cloud9:

Best way to manage the post-trip blues I've come up with yet!

(Oh, and of course, the non-Disney GF looked at my son like he was nuts to want to go back. Go figure, some people.)

disneymom15
07-07-2011, 09:27 AM
I like your solution:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I like your solution:thumbsup:

Me too! I've used it myself and plan to bounce-back on my August trip! Isn't it funny how some people just don't "get it" ? :mickey:

jpH/keD
07-07-2011, 03:55 PM
:thumbsup: Congrats on working that out to your advantage! Sounds to me like that gf may never make it to the dw statis...Just saying!:secret:
Enjoy your boys and the magic!:cloud9:

KylesMom
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Yay! Sounds like the perfect plan to beat those blues. Love the fact that it'll be just you and your two boys. :thumbsup:

Cara121078
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
(Oh, and of course, the non-Disney GF looked at my son like he was nuts to want to go back. Go figure, some people.)

So, ummmm why is he daing her???? j/k:funny:

Cara121078
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
BTW, that does sound like the PERFECT way to beat the blues!

VWL Mom
07-07-2011, 08:05 PM
So, ummmm why is he daing her???? j/k:funny:

:haha:

:thumbsup: Congrats on working that out to your advantage! Sounds to me like that gf may never make it to the dw statis...Just saying!:secret:

May have to reconsider who gets the DVC interest :eek:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-08-2011, 10:52 PM
That's the best way to beat the blues! And I agree, the girlfriend either needs to get with the program and embrace her inner Disney, or go.....