PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in September?

hauntedmansiongirl
07-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello! We're trying to book a moderate resort for Sept 20-30 and they are all coming up as booked. POP, ASMo, Contemporary and most villas are booked up too. I know that free dining is on, but is there something else going on as well that would account for this? We're now re-thinking if we even want to go with everything being so busy. Usually when we travel this time of year it is pretty quiet.

Just not sure if free dining is worth putting up with the crowds....

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for any help!! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
07-06-2011, 09:41 PM
It might be that they've booked all the rooms at those resorts that they've allowed for the free dining promotion. But there's probably rooms available for non promotion guests.
Try checking your dates without the free dining & see if something comes up. If so try calling to see if they will give you the room w/ free dining.
Good luck.

lovinmesomedisney
07-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Last year we were there September 18 through September 25, and it was VERY CROWDED. A lady on the bus to the Magic Kingdom said that the schools in Georgia and Florida were on a break. I guess they must have been year round schools, because I can't imagine schools going back at the end of August and being on break in September? Who knows, but it was very crowded compared to the previous Septembers we have gone.

mariak
07-06-2011, 10:15 PM
There is a marathon on Oct. 1st. I know this b/c we thought about staying for it…my DH really wanted to run. However, DD has mandatory rehearsal for The Nutcracker that day so we can’t stay……WOW, what we sacrifice for our kiddos!!!!

Anyway, I tried plugging in a shorter stay (Sept. 23-Oct.1) and had no problem getting moderates or Pop for that time period. I would guess that you may be having trouble getting the entire 10 day block. Maybe you could switch resorts part way through? Or shorten your stay? Maybe just a lot of people checking in part way through that last week? I’m not sure that this is what is happening but sure looks like a possibility.

Good Luck! :fingers:
Maria

sal9574
07-06-2011, 10:33 PM
The second largest school district in Georgia did have a break that week in September last year. This year, however, that break has been taken out of the schedule so the kids wont be out at that time this year.

micky95
07-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Last year we were there September 18 through September 25, and it was VERY CROWDED. A lady on the bus to the Magic Kingdom said that the schools in Georgia and Florida were on a break. I guess they must have been year round schools, because I can't imagine schools going back at the end of August and being on break in September? Who knows, but it was very crowded compared to the previous Septembers we have gone.
the school system here in georgia is a little nuts. they changed it again as a previous poster had said.thanfully my kids are grown but my grandkids are about to start and we're planning around that for a trip in 2013.when i was in school we started 3 days before labor day, then had labor day off:confused:.never figured that one out but its crazier now.

Ms. Mode
07-07-2011, 07:27 AM
One of my WDW friends was telling me the other day that Annual Pass holders are eligible for a special going on soon. I didn't know they had special promos for Annual Pass; but could this be why several resorts are booked?

Daisy'sMom
07-07-2011, 08:23 AM
I haven't heard of anything special for passholders. We are booked at POP for several days in Sept and not even getting free dining.:mickey:

VWL Mom
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I haven't heard of anything special for passholders. We are booked at POP for several days in Sept and not even getting free dining.:mickey:

There are AP discounts through Oct 1, just booked it yesterday.

brownie
07-07-2011, 08:47 AM
The second largest school district in Georgia did have a break that week in September last year. This year, however, that break has been taken out of the schedule so the kids wont be out at that time this year.

:welcome:

sal9574, welcome to INTERCOT!

disneymom15
07-07-2011, 09:17 AM
If you haven't already done this, give Magical Journeys a try. They are an Intercot sponsor and they are awsome.

mickey_M_lvr
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
The other thing to remember is that the Epcot food and wine festival starts on the 30th. That is a pretty big crowd draw. It may be that the rooms are open and available up until those last few days before the 30th. Try going from like the 20th to the 27th and see if room availability open up.

like2workout
07-08-2011, 08:59 AM
i'll be at dw 10/1-10/6 and my first choice for resorts was port orleans french quarter, which is booked up. i was also surprised. it is a smaller resort than many of the others though. i then asked for port orleans riverside and was able to get in there. i always use magical journeys (kathy) and yes, they are so great to work with and take care of all of the arrangements.

flipadeeflop
07-08-2011, 12:47 PM
If you haven't already done this, give Magical Journeys a try. They are an Intercot sponsor and they are awsome.

That's what I would do!!! Depending on how flexible your travel dates are you can also just try changing the arrival and departure dates by a day or two in either direction... sometimes that works (and sometimes you find it ends up being a bit cheaper, too!!!)

Fastpasssteve
07-09-2011, 01:42 AM
I went down during the Food & Wine Festival. Very crowded. We stayed at AKL, but we booked it in June as part of a bounce-back offer.

There's also a half-marathon or something else during that time period, isn't there? Hmmmm.