PDA

View Full Version : Southwest prices Q

mickeymousedabomb
07-06-2011, 06:14 PM
So for this Easter that just past, I was wondering what the prices were thru Southwest going into Orlando. For me, I would fly out of :
Albany, NY
Boston, Ma
or any NYC airport
I was just curious because I think this will be the time we will go to WDW on our next trip. I have only flown Southwest because I have never been able to beat them.

faline
07-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I typically fly out of Manchester or Boston. For our last couple of trips and for our next trip, I've booked on Jet Blue as they offered better fares than Southwest. Also, Southwest has cut way back on the number of direct flights available from Manchester. I can't give you specific prices - just my experience in booking my last couple/few trips.

We did a split airline in February. Flew Jet Blue down and Southwest back - based entirely on price!

mdricks
07-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Also keep in mind it sometimes helps to buy one way tickets at separate times. I have found that Southwest has a nasty habit of making up "deal" prices by raising the prices on the heavy travel, must have, return tickets. (All day Sunday for Orlando)

For example, I recently bought my flight down, one way, during their sale last week for $89. At the same time that I bought that one-way ticket, all the return flights from Orlando on Sunday were priced at $330.

The minute the "sale" was over, the return flights dropped to $155. If I had bought a round trip it would have cost me an $450 give or take.

Round trip today on the same flights $325 give or take.

By buying separate flights and watching prices, I paid $270.

:number1:

mickeymousedabomb
07-07-2011, 12:42 PM
What a good idea about doing seperate one-way tickets, something I will definetly keep a watch out for. I never thought of doing it that way!:thumbsup:

epceddie
07-08-2011, 12:45 AM
If you're willing to fly out of Boston, why not look into Providence? It's one of the easiest airports to get in and out of. It's right off Route 95, there are all kinds of parking services (we like Thrifty) about five minutes away and the airport has pretty good rates for parking onsite in Lot C. We live in Taunton, Mass, and try to use Green Airport whenever we can.