PDA

View Full Version : Make sure they've charged you when you check out!

Friend of Figment
07-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Last December, we stayed at OKW for 5 nights. We stayed on points, but of course left a credit card for incidentals. We checked out as usual assuming our card had been charged, but somehow Disney didn't charge us. The first we learned of this was Tuesday when we got a letter telling us the debt had been turned over for collections!
In looking back at our bills, we found it hadn't been charged. Disney says they sent a bill, but we never received it. I will say our very beloved dog passed away just after we came home so I was distracted, but certainly had they billed again or contacted us I would have paid right away.
Disney isn't sure why we weren't charged other than a possible glitch due to a computer update installed on our check out date.
Fortunately the collection agency doesn't immediately report the collection to the credit bureaus so there isn't any lasting harm, but be sure to check your statements.

Aurora
07-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Sorry this happened to you and thanks for posting so others can remember to ALWAYS request a printout of your charges before finalizing checkout, and keep all your receipts if you allow room-charging privileges on your passes. In this automated world, you never know when something will go wrong.

On one trip we had a huge list of room charges to go through at checkout. We couldn't remember some of them and kept most of our receipts, but not all. We had eaten at Bistro de Paris one night and found we had been charged for someone else's meal as well, more than $200 worth! The charge was taken off, but we had to rely on the good will of the CM to do it, since we did not keep a receipt for our dinner!

DisneyPrincess21
07-06-2011, 08:31 PM
This past December when we were going over our charges on our KTW cards we noticed a charge for a dinner at Contemporary for around $50 or so. That night we had pizza hut delivery so I know it wasn't us, and on top of that, we have never even set foot in the Contemporary. So after talking to several different CM's we finally got to the bottom of it and had the charge taken off. At first we thought someone at WDW had ripped off our credit card number, but since that was the only charge & also the fact that they were doing computer upgrades we found out it was a simple mistake when a CM was punching in numbers.

LisaP
07-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I found a few errors on our bill upon checking out in April. We had the Deluxe DDP ... and yet some of the restaurants billed our room rather than our dining plan (after my explicit insturctions to use our DDP credits). Spent 1/2 hour at the front desk getting it resolved on check out day, so I'd suggest asking for a copy of your bill the night before check out.