PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Week

Gregandmel
07-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I was wondering how everyone does their best to enjoy "The World" over the busiest time of year.....the week between Christmas & New Years. Can you still enjoy the parks first thing in the morning for a few hours? If you don't want to spend the day wall to wall with people, how do you plan your day? I assume it's too cold to swim during this time as well. Any thoughts would be great. We aren't locked into our next trip yet but with the ever increasing scheduling challenges, I have this week, or the last week in June. I'd love to surprise my family next year over Christmas, but we've been spoiled our last 2 trips with low crowds adn great weather. :) THANKS!!!

Strmchsr
07-06-2011, 05:24 PM
The weather is variable. With the heated pools often swimming is very possible.

As for the crowds, you just go, expect them, and have fun. Don't try to see and do everything. Use fastpass, have a plan on what's most important and do those things. I actually find we take things at a much slower pace and sometimes enjoy WDW more in big crowds. Since we don't want to stand in long lines we're not rushing from ride to ride, but people watch and enjoy the atmosphere while catching the occasional ride.

buzznwoodysmom
07-06-2011, 06:15 PM
We are headed there for Christmas this year. We are arriving on Dec. 20 and will leave the day after Christmas, hoping to be leaving when the crowds are at their worst. Our plan is to just enjoy what we can and not stress. We go to WDW often enough that there is no need to see and do everything for our family. The closest we've ever been to Christmas was leaving to come home on Dec. 23. We saw people swimming every day on that trip. The parks were actually almost completely empty right up until the day before we left. However, that was 7 years ago and crowds, in general, have steadily increased over the years. If you are OK with not doing everything, maybe try to focus on the Christmas stuff that's going on, making it a different kind of WDW trip. I hope you have a wonderful time!

faline
07-06-2011, 07:13 PM
We've often been able to enjoy the pools in December. There are times, though, when it's been too cold for us. Still, I wouldn't rule it out entirely!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Well first of all, my son always swims no matter the weather because the pools are heated....now, it could be very cold or somewhat warm...we typically go in layers, jeans or athletic pants, short sleeves and hoodie jackets that can be tied around the waist when its warm....yes if you go early (at rope drop) and take advantage of EMH, utilize fast pass you can pretty much ride everything early on...be prepared for shoulder to shoulder crowds after lunch though...I would also be sure to make ADRs as you probably won't get into any TS without them. The resorts are decorated beautifully and I would recommend resort hopping to at least see Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom and I've heard Boardwalk is beautiful.....also be sure to check out Candlelight Processional and Osbourne Festival of Lights...