PDA

View Full Version : Good price for a minivan rental

poohbearkris
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering what is considered a good price for renting a minivan. I have found the best deals about a month before our trip in the past, but I have not needed a minivan in the past either, just a car. Thanks.

Itchy
07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Good question but open ended. It will depend on the time of year you need one meaning supply and demand.

I have rented a van for around $550 for a week (Last week of August) from St louis area to Orlando and back. I wavied their insurance since it was on a credit card and covered by my car insurance.

I would check prices now and maybe even hold a van for travel time. Check from time to time if there is a better price and then cancel and rebook.

I have rented from two major rental firms with no problems. I am not sure if I can mention their names so if you need more info you can PM me.

Hope this helps:mickey:

VWL Mom
07-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I know Dollar runs specials on minivans throughout the year. You may want to add yourself to the email list for some of the major rentals so you can stay on top of the specials.

Beckybalz
07-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Just today I rebooked my minivan rental because I found a better deal. We are renting for 2 whole weeks in August from Alamo at MCO for $585 with all the taxes and fees included. I used a BJs code. Our previous price was $750 thru Dollar.

LisaP
07-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Just today I rebooked my minivan rental because I found a better deal. We are renting for 2 whole weeks in August from Alamo at MCO for $585 with all the taxes and fees included. I used a BJs code. Our previous price was $750 thru Dollar.

Thanks for this! I had not thought of BJs. We will need a van (for the first time) in August as well. Thanks again!

poohbearkris
07-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks - I just wanted to get an estimate of what I should consider a decent price. Can't wait to go, not till December though!!!

Dyanna
07-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I booked a month ago a minivan from an onsite Disney agency for a 1 way, 4 day rental to Marco Island. I got a great rate of $46 a day no drop fee etc.