PDA

View Full Version : More discounts?

Sunshine1010
07-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Okay.....sooooooo, it's July. I KNOW this is just a question, not something set in stone...buuuuuuuut: Do you think there will be a discount coming out for November?

splashtest
07-06-2011, 11:31 AM
I am waiting for discounts in October, which if history repeats itself, should be coming out this month. I would think it would cover Nov as well.

Strmchsr
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Probably, but Disney has completely thrown history out the window this year with their discount patterns, so there's no way to say one way or the other.

mdricks
07-06-2011, 12:50 PM
The oct-nov discounts have been a real help over the last few years for me. Less room and more food-n-wine! Ok just more wine but who's counting right?

Diz! You are going to get my $$ anyway, howzabout you just let me spend it in the tequila cave instead of my room?
:D

Bethis26fan
07-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I hope so.

I do have a question too. I've never looked at the discounts they offer overseas guest and I came across one today for them for next year and the free dinning wasn't even offered at the vaule resorts is that typical or is this something that they may do for guest here in the USA?

Strmchsr
07-06-2011, 02:18 PM
It's not always a direct correlation, but for the past few years Disney has made an offer to overseas guests in the summer or fall for the following year and the the discounts for the USA turn out to be pretty similar. So, what we're seeing offered overseas now will probably be pretty close to what is offered domestic guests later.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminate "free" dining at the values. It's a good deal at the values, but not really at a moderate and definitely not at a deluxe since you pay rack rate to get "free" dining. But, tons of people will still get it because they don't do their homework and just see the word "free". Disney said they were trying to scale back discounts and that would allow them to actually make money on the "free" dining promotion.

Bethis26fan
07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Ok cool. Like I said I had never looked at overseas discounts before and came across that one by accident and was wondering. Thanks for the info.