PDA

View Full Version : LEGOS & Strollers, & Mechanics. Oh my! Day 2

AgentC
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Day 2 May 20

We decide to do a mellow trip, so instead of waking everyone up early and rushing to a park for EMM, I had scheduled breakfast at Ohana’s . DS one meal request is to eat with Mickey and to have Mickey waffles. I had forgotten to do any ADRS for this trip until about 3 months out and had not been able to find anything. Luckily I was able to snag a reservation a week before we left. DD had recently become obsessed with Lilo & Stitch (giving our DVD player a much needed rest from Cinderella), so this was the perfect meal for all.

I always enjoy Ohana’s for breakfast and this was no exception. The pineapple bread was delicious. The rest of the food standard breakfast fare- eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, roast potatos, and Mickey waffles. Everything was fresh and hot.

DD decide to use her grapes to decorate her straw and presented Mickey with a specialty drink. The characters were in great form and they all fussed over her creation. We have had breakfast at Ohana’s several times but this is the first time we sat were we could see the characters entering the room after their breaks.

Mickey and Stitch both tried to get through the door at the same time leading to a play arguments and Stitch storming off in a huff. DS thought it was a riot.

Stomachs stuffed we headed off to Magic Kingdom. Even though it was late morning, it was already hot and steamy. As we approached the castle, the music for the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it parade started. This is DH’s favorite parade, so we stopped. DD thoroughly enjoyed dancing to the music

Parade finished we headed to the Jungle Cruise. The wait was an hour so we grabbed fast passes and headed for the Speedway. Even though breakfast was not that long ago , I had to stop and get a Dole Whip Float. A trip to MK is not complete for me without it.

Unexpectedly DD wanted to ride the Speedway too, so I was recruited to go. I had never done it before. It was a lot more fun than I thought. DD wanted control of the steering wheel and kept crashing against the side. Hopefully she’ll improve by 16! DS went with DH and had a great time.

Next we headed over to IASW. Wait was about 30 minutes. I’ve been a couple of times since they change the exit and entry que, but it still feels wrong every time I go. I feel like I am doing backward. Next it was to the Carousel where DD and DS “raced” their horses.

The afternoon had flown by. It was almost 3 & time for a late lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. LTT tends to be empty at that time with so many people going to the 3 pm parade and today was no exception. The food was excellent and the service even better.

DH had the pot roast and enjoyed. I had the veggie pot pie which was filled with beans and other vegetables over a biscuit. Seasoning might be strong for some but I enjoyed it. DS and DD got the pizza which DS refused to eat because it was on pita type bread. DS is very picky and it can be a challenge to find something he will eat. The cast member was able to bring us plain pasta and butter at no extra charge.

We headed out of the park making a quick stop to visit Mickey is his new home. DS and DD loved the moving pictures. Mickey and Minnie were a big hit.

After a break in the room we headed out for mini golf at Winter Summerland. This is the first time we have done mini golf at Disney. Usually we are too busy rushing around the parks. We did the winter side. The course is adorable and the sign are full of puns. DS thought it was great and couldn’t wait to visit again. As we left the course, we saw an armadillo digging along the path. The kids were fascinated and the armadillo was used to the attention. It didn't even run when someone started video taping it.

Back at the resort, we discovered though the room may be a bit of a walk from the main services, it was great if you had a car. Parking lot was pretty much empty so we parked right near the stairs and it was an easy walk up to the third floor.

Next up - Epcot

emerzmom
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds like it was a wonderful Disney day!
:mickey:
Julie

brian2000boston
07-05-2011, 04:44 PM
what a great day. We also struggle to get to the mini golf, but i will try to make it work next visit!

January-2007
07-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks so much for reporting!

Checkers
07-05-2011, 07:02 PM
:mickey:Thanks for taking us along! POFQ is our favorite moderate.

faline
07-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Very nice day!

The entrance line for It's A Small World still feels "wrong" to me too!

CanadianWDWFan
07-06-2011, 08:59 AM
We have yet to try the new IASW entrance. We will be there next month to check it out.

What a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing it with us.

pdrlkr
07-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Great day!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm glad that you were able to snag a breakfast ADR at Ohana - it sounds like your family had a blast!

Even though breakfast was not that long ago , I had to stop and get a Dole Whip Float. That sounds SO good right now . . . it's always the right time for one of those!

Some lines and steamy heat, but still a great day at MK. I must admit, I got a kick out of you never trying the speedway before. It can get pretty bumpy with a new driver! :D

Thanks for sharing a great day!:mickey:

Melanie
07-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Two great meals today - definitely two of my favorites!

Mickey and Stitch both tried to get through the door at the same time leading to a play arguments and Stitch storming off in a huff. DS thought it was a riot.

This is exactly why we love 'Ohana - the character interaction there has always been stellar. Stitch is always getting in trouble! :D

Unexpectedly DD wanted to ride the Speedway too, so I was recruited to go. I had never done it before. It was a lot more fun than I thought.

Yay! Love to see folks who give the Speedway a try and like it.

Great day Cindy! Looking forward to reading about your Epcot adventures.

AgentC
07-07-2011, 07:33 AM
That sounds SO good right now . . . it's always the right time for one of those!

I agree and MK is never complete for me without a Dole Whip! :cloud9:

yjgirl32
07-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks for sharing!

disneymomma2010
07-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Love breakfast at ohanas. Sounds like your family had a great day.

We have seen armadillos there too, at ak I think.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a good MK day

vizsla
07-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the report.

BigRedDad
07-11-2011, 10:55 AM
"Unexpectedly DD wanted to ride the Speedway too, so I was recruited to go. I had never done it before. It was a lot more fun than I thought. DD wanted control of the steering wheel and kept crashing against the side. Hopefully she’ll improve by 16! DS went with DH and had a great time."

My DD loves this ride and does the same thing. She loves to make it hit the rails it rides on. Every time it hits, I tell her she is a "crazy driver". This makes her want to do it more.

Sounds like you had a blast.

DizNee143
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
we go to disney alot also and its nice not having to wake up at the crack of dawn..
so sounds like a nice lesisurely day at breakfast and the MK..:mickey:

Mackflava99
07-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Excellent day- i like the fact you took it slow.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Great report! Glad the room proved to be a good location for you. Much easier when you have a car isn't it?

Love to hear about the mini-golf. We always say we'd like to do it but, we just always seem to run out of time.