PDA

View Full Version : Humidity and Heat w/ crowds right now??

r4kids
07-05-2011, 10:29 AM
How bad is it down there? I have seen ressies for places that book up months in a advance available the last week in July. I am shocked there are any, am I wishfully thinking crowds are a bit lower than normal right now?? Leaving in 17 days and we don't visit during the summer so any advice is great. I know breaks during the day, lots of water, etc. :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Crowds are not low by any means. But, they aren't exceptionally heavy either. I guess I would say they are "normal" summertime crowds, which are big but if you have a plan and use fastpass you can always manage.

As for the heat and humidity - it's definitely there, but it hasn't been too horrendous this summer. Highs have mostly stayed in the low 90s. Occasionally mid 90s. The humidity is high, and that puts the heat index over 100. Just keep a check on the forecast thread in this forum to know what's coming for your vacation.

You seem to have the basic tips - lots of water, take breaks, use strong sunscreen, etc. Those are the main things for surviving the summer. Hope you have a great trip!

Silver_Surfer
07-05-2011, 12:32 PM
The Humidity and Heat was something I had never experienced before. I still had a fantastic time!

r4kids
07-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Darn I was hoping they were lower!! At least normal is better than "higher than normal". I will hope for a cool front to move through the week we are there!! Thank you for the update :)

Melanie
07-05-2011, 01:52 PM
It's definitely been tolerable this summer, moreso than the past two. But, it's still hot and humid. Good thing is, the evenings have been downright pleasant. Take advantage!

Ms. Mode
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Being from WV too, I can tell you that the sun is a little brighter but you can handle the humidity...not much different from what we have here (depending on where in the state you live of course). :thumbsup:

r4kids
07-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Being from WV too, I can tell you that the sun is a little brighter but you can handle the humidity...not much different from what we have here (depending on where in the state you live of course). :thumbsup:

We are in the panhandle :) It has been humid. We travel to Orlando frequently but usually avoid the parks during summer!!

Strmchsr
07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
We are in the panhandle :)

My hometown is Berkley Springs, WV.

If a cool front moves through Orlando at the end of July, I suggest you pack your bags because the world will be ending soon. ;)

Tink#64
07-06-2011, 01:05 AM
We just returned from the World on Sunday & it was not nearly as bad as I expected. It was actually a little cooler there last week than we experienced the first week in June last year. And it was humid, but again I don't think it's as bad. It feels more humid at home in Louisville than it did in WDW!

It was crowded of course, and we encountered way more Brazillian tour groups than we did in early June last year, but we just tried to move in a different direction rather than follow behind a big group whenever possible. We were at park openings every day & mornings were great as usual, by lunch time, it was elbow to elbow of course. Last week, we had rain, each & everyday, lots of days, rain off & on for hours! Luckily, mostly in the middle of the day which didn't hamper our touring plans. We didn't wait in most stand by lines more than 20 minutes, only a couple we did 30 minutes, we used FP's & were able to visit every attraction we wanted, I'd say about 95% of all attractions for each park. So even with the crowds & the rain, awesome trip as usual! :thumbsup:

micky95
07-06-2011, 07:53 AM
just got back from our anniversary trip (july3) i didnt think the crowds were that bad ,but we did only go to MK and epcot.the weather was actually cooler than it was back home,middle GA.it was cloudy and did rain a few times but overall it wasnt too bad.before the trip i told my dw we can stay home and been hot and sweaty or go to disney world and be hot and sweaty.disney always wins.:mickey:

r4kids
07-06-2011, 08:34 AM
my hometown is berkley springs, wv.

If a cool front moves through orlando at the end of july, i suggest you pack your bags because the world will be ending soon. ;)

hahahaha!!

r4kids
07-06-2011, 08:36 AM
We just returned from the World on Sunday & it was not nearly as bad as I expected. It was actually a little cooler there last week than we experienced the first week in June last year. And it was humid, but again I don't think it's as bad. It feels more humid at home in Louisville than it did in WDW!

It was crowded of course, and we encountered way more Brazillian tour groups than we did in early June last year, but we just tried to move in a different direction rather than follow behind a big group whenever possible. We were at park openings every day & mornings were great as usual, by lunch time, it was elbow to elbow of course. Last week, we had rain, each & everyday, lots of days, rain off & on for hours! Luckily, mostly in the middle of the day which didn't hamper our touring plans. We didn't wait in most stand by lines more than 20 minutes, only a couple we did 30 minutes, we used FP's & were able to visit every attraction we wanted, I'd say about 95% of all attractions for each park. So even with the crowds & the rain, awesome trip as usual! :thumbsup:

Ok this sounds fine with me. Our youngest is 8 and has been going to Disney since before she was 1. All my kids have, we also have no strollers, bags, etc. weighing us down and cause extra heat. I think we'll be alright. Thanks for all the info!! Can't wait :)