PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal pass questions

AgentC
07-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I wasn't sure where to put this. Hope this is the right section.

We have had season passes for years but this questions has never come up before because we normally do not go during the summer.

During the back out period are all pass benefits suspended?

For example, I know I can't go to a park, but could I go to mini golf or DTD and use my pass holder discount.

My mom was just there and was told there are no seasonal pass holder discounts. Since I know (and got discounts in May) we are not sure if they meant you can't use the discounts during black out or of the cast member gave the wrong information.

Thanks!

NJGIRL
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM
bumping up. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
I did as much digging as I could, and I don't see anywhere on the Disney site that Seasonal Benefits are limited to any certain days, like admission is.

This is a great question ... I'm thinking that the CM was just misinformed, or confused.

Hog
07-08-2011, 08:54 PM
There are black out days for annual passes?!

BugeyedMuggy
07-09-2011, 07:51 AM
I believe the black outs are for the Florida passes. If you are a Fl resident and purchase a regular season pass there are no black outs.

MNNHFLTX
07-09-2011, 01:30 PM
The Florida Resident Seasonal Pass (just for clarification for those that might not know) is different than the Florida Resident Annual Pass (or Premium Annual Pass). The seasonal pass is good all year except during peak volume times, such as Spring Break, the summer months and the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods.

We had the seasonal passes for several years too when we lived in Florida and I have to admit that your question never came up for us either. If we weren't able to enter the parks, we never thought to use the other benefits. That said, the "fine print" on the passes says that they are for use on non-blackout days, so it is possible that all benefits are suspended on blackout days. Your best bet would be to call the venue you are thinking of using, like the mini-golf place, and ask them directly if you will be able to use your seasonal pass for the discount on blackout days.

Daisy'sMom
07-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I love these questions. The ones that really need some digging. I don't know the answer, but good luck.:mickey:

It's always good to hear DIsney still has some secrets.:mickey:

magicofdisney
07-09-2011, 08:45 PM
The Florida Resident Seasonal Pass (just for clarification for those that might not know) is different than the Florida Resident Annual Pass (or Premium Annual Pass). The seasonal pass is good all year except during peak volume times, such as Spring Break, the summer months and the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods.

We had the seasonal passes for several years too when we lived in Florida and I have to admit that your question never came up for us either. If we weren't able to enter the parks, we never thought to use the other benefits. That said, the "fine print" on the passes says that they are for use on non-blackout days, so it is possible that all benefits are suspended on blackout days. Your best bet would be to call the venue you are thinking of using, like the mini-golf place, and ask them directly if you will be able to use your seasonal pass for the discount on blackout days.
As recently as 6yrs ago (that's how long we've been season pass holders) there are no blackout dates around Thanksgiving. :mickey:

As for the OP's question, it's my understanding that the ONLY difference between an AP and a seasonal pass is the parking restriction. APs get to park free and seasonal pass holders must pay to park. All other discounts should apply.

MNNHFLTX
07-10-2011, 09:09 AM
As recently as 6yrs ago (that's how long we've been season pass holders) there are no blackout dates around Thanksgiving. :mickey:Six years is about how long it's been since we moved to Houston and had to give up our seasonal passes. :mickey:

So have you actually used your seasonal pass discounts for other things on black-out days?

magicofdisney
07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Six years is about how long it's been since we moved to Houston and had to give up our seasonal passes. :mickey:

So have you actually used your seasonal pass discounts for other things on black-out days?

Seems like I got an AP discount on a purchase made during the Christmas black-out period. We were visiting The Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house.