PDA

View Full Version : anyone familiar with dollar car rental at airport?

dyin tago
07-04-2011, 07:46 PM
has anyone got any experiences to share about renting from dollar at the airport?

does the rental process go fairly quickly?

can you pick your car like national or alamo?

do they usually have a decent selection? thanks

Jacket93
07-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Used Dollar Many times and have been satisfied with there service.
Time at the counter seemed on par with the rest of the other company's I use there Alamo and Avis.

The selection was pretty good I think Dollar goes with the Dodge product line.

NJGIRL
07-05-2011, 07:19 AM
I've used them before, in fact I have used most of the on site rental companies. I use whoever is the cheapest on site.

I had no problem with them and yes they are just like the other companies you have rented from.

John
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I always use them - they seem to have the least expensive rate there. I you are an express member, you proceed directly to the car pickup counter across the street.

Check their website frequently - rates change daily, and in your search - do a search for all cars. Sometimes midsize are cheaper than compact and they often have "local specials" you click on which save you even more.

epceddie
07-08-2011, 01:09 AM
We're members of Dollar Express and being able to walk across the street to their member's window has saves us a lot of time in the past. We've been able to walk right up, get our paperwork taken care of, and get on our way. On our last trip, we had a compact (Ford Focus) reserved and we ended up getting an upgrade to a mid-size Ford Fusion, which is the kind of car I drive at home. The only other company that has gotten me out of the airport quicker is National. Join their Emerald Aisle Club. You can pick out your own car and they take care of everything at the exit. Super convenient!

Not2Loud
07-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I have used every agency at MCO I think over the years. For me, National is indeed the quickest, and would give Hertz a close second.

However, Hertz and Avis tend to be the more expensive options. Dollar often seems to have good rates and I have been happy with their selection.

The only thing I would note about Dollar/Thrifty is that they put a minimum hold of $350 on your credit or debit card. I would say for most people this is not an issue, but something to be aware of if you are on a tight budget and only renting for 1-2 days.