PDA

View Full Version : Missed Final Payment Date

Dedivah
07-04-2011, 07:28 PM
What happens if we missed the payment date?

We were traveling in a group of 8 but we've had some one pull out and others were unsure. Now that they are sure I'm worried that they may not be able to be paid in full by the final payment date.

I want to make the right decisions before we loose any of the deposit. I was thinking maybe I can cancel the reservation now and hold on to the money until they have the full amount then call and make the reservations and pay in full then. :confused:

Please help. I just want to do the right thing here.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
This sounds like it might be a tough situation for you.

I would let everyone know that they have to have their money in a couple of days before the final payment date, so if they don't have it, and cancel there aren't any penalties.

Those that don't have the money, their part of the reservation gets cancelled.

lighteningqueen
07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
I have done this 2 times had to be late They give you some time before you get an email or letter saying you are late. I called them told them I would not have the balance until ? day it would be. Also if you have alot down then they work with that. CALL THEM.. They will tell what to do on how to cancel some of the party.. If its just that they dont have the money by this date but will in 7 days they work with that

lighteningqueen
07-05-2011, 10:15 AM
It also takes about a week to get credited what yo u have paid already. If its just the case of them needing a few more days call them you can also take your tickets off the res all but one day so that you are paid up and they can purchase the balance of their tickets when they get there. It so much easier to see in sight that lower amount than the whole ticket length plus the room.

Dedivah
07-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks Everyone!!

Connie ~ I think it may just be a matter of one day. The final date is the 23rd but their direct deposit won't be posted until the 24th. So if they do give us some time then we should be fine.

Thanks again!

lighteningqueen
07-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Oh yea they will be fine.Wait 2 days to make sure they money is there. Like I said we would get an email saying Did you forget your final payment. You get a week of so before they do that. I can Nov to pay never make the final on time. I need one more week always. We have to have it paid for usually by the 24-26 and we are self employed and have one more market show in Nov to pay it off. They always abide

Suzi Q
07-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I ran into this last November, I hadn't realized the entire balance had to be paid by a deadline (my error for not paying attention!) until I got the email from Diz. I called and asked for another week or so and was told that because it was a package, there were no extensions and if I didn't pay in full my reservation would be cancelled and money refunded - but if I had a room only reservation I could pay the balance at the front desk when I got there.