PDA

View Full Version : Chefs de France Lunch

shortcake311
07-03-2011, 11:52 PM
My husband and I will be eating here for lunch when we go back on the Deluxe Dining Plan.

I was wondering if you were able to get any app, entree and dessert from the menu, since you are on plan. I noticed they have a 3 course Prix Fixe Menu and wasn't sure if I was "required" to get that. Any info would be great! Thanks in advance. :D

Fastpasssteve
07-04-2011, 02:17 AM
While you MAY get the prix fixe menu, you are not required to do so. You are on the Deluxe Dining Plan, and so you may get an appetizer, a main dish, and a dessert - along with a non-specialty beverage.

Enjoy your trip.

We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan on our last trip. We found that it was an extraordinary amount of food to consume. One thing we figured out for future trips that may be helpful: We were forever fighting to get to a reservation and spent so much time in TS restaurants instead of in exploring and experiencing. If we did it again. We would make only two reservations a day, with one of them being a Signature Dining Restaurant (which uses 2 TS credits). That way we only had to consume two large meals a day. That's one day to reclaim some time on some of your days.

That being said, we had some fabulous food on that trip!!! You won't be disappointed.

shortcake311
07-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks so much! I want to try the croque monsieur as my main meal and I am a huge cheese addict, so I was a little sad when I saw it wasn't an app choice on the prix fixe. In addition, creme brulee is my all time favorite dessert, so I will be trying that anywhere we do eat. :)

The last time we went to Disney we only had a dining plan with 1 snack, 1 cs and 1 ts, but I had food poisoning, so we really didn't get to do too much with our choices.

I do currently have 2 or 3 "signature" stuff, so there are less meals planned for reservations, but I seemed to have spaced everything out fairly well that we shouldn't be too bad. Again, thanks for the help, I appreciate it!! :D

brivers222
07-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I have only always gone to CDF for dinner but this next trip we are doing both lunch and dinner....

Glad to know we don't have to specifically order off of that prix fix meal (no subsitutions allowed) as my DW is not a fan of french onion.

lol yeah i know we are in for a world of food during our 11 days.... i tried my best to get down to 2 meals a day ;)