PDA

View Full Version : Anything to do around Delmar MD?

NJGIRL
07-03-2011, 11:17 PM
In a few weeks we are driving down to Delmar MD to drop off food donations to a cat sanctuary. The trip is three hours each way. This will be the 4th trip and I thought if we get down there early enough we could spend a few hours doing something fun before heading home. We have done this trip 3 times already and haven't noticed anything to do in the area. Any suggestions????

Katzateer
07-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Is Wilmington Delaware really far from your route home? or Aberdeen Ma?

NJGIRL
07-10-2011, 09:10 AM
From NJ we go over the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Other than telling you that I'm not sure because we just follow the GPS. I know that Delmar is just over the boarder of each state. I'm terrible with directions. :blush:

Katzateer
07-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Look up Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square PA. it is close to Wilmington DE. If that isn't too far out of your way I can make some suggestions besides the gardens.

NJGIRL
07-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Look up Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square PA. it is close to Wilmington DE. If that isn't too far out of your way I can make some suggestions besides the gardens.

Thanks, but we have been there already. It was very nice!

DisneyDog
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM
For some reason, I thought it wasn't too far from Newark, DE, but it's pretty far from there (85 miles.) Newark is where the University of Delaware is located, and it's a really nice town. After doing some research on Delmar, I'd have to say that there is pretty much nothing there. The population statistics tell me it's a really small, rural town. Probably a lot of farms? It's near "Fruitville" which should tell you something. LOL. Well, if you can make your way home through Delaware, you can do some tax free shopping. That's always a nice thing.