PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's 16th Birthday at MK

KellAnneL
07-02-2011, 04:51 PM
My daughter is turning 16 in March 2012, and has dreamed of celebrating her birthday in the MK. :cloud9:

Her birthday is on a Friday, and planning on flying in on Thursday and leaving on Sunday.

I don't want to spend a fortune, as it is her, myself and her (then) 12 year-old-brother.

Any suggestions on where to stay, what to do, how to celebrate??

Thanks!

Pop Centurion
07-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Pop is a great & fun resort for kids (and adults)
Being a value resort it fits you're not wanting to spend a fortune.

Since she want's to celebrate in MK you could have dinner at Crystal Palace. It's a buffet with characters from Winnie the Pooh & not very expensive. We celebrated my Nieces Bday there & they decorated the table with confetti, gave her a card signed by the characters, & brought her out a cupcake w/candle & sang to her. It was a very nice touch & she loved it.

Something you could also do so she has a reminder of the day is buy a blank white (or color) vinylmation & have the characters sign it throughout the day. It's much more interesting to display compared to an autograph book once back home.

VWL Mom
07-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I was going to suggest Crystal Palace, too. We just celebrated my son's 16th there last week and it was great, confetti, card, & cupcake. We did late breakfast.

Kairi_7378
07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Can I just say, you are a really cool mom?

If you don't want to spend a small fortune, but want to do something nice, I'd recommend POFQ. You'll be centrally located on property, and you'll have the option of going to DTD on the boat.

I'd try to get a birthday dinner somewhere you could catch wishes (CA Grill or Narcooses) or I'd let her pick a place in the World Showcase. (Maybe Mexico if she's taking Spanish at school, etc.)