PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter at Times Square and Wicked

Katzateer
07-02-2011, 07:09 AM
In a couple of weeks we will be in NYC for the day. Our train gets in at 10 am. we have timed tickets for the HP exhibit at the Discovery Times Square for 11am and tickets for Wicked at 2 pm. We have to be at Penn Station at 6 pm. I didn 't really leave anytime to eat. Any good fast food places around the theatre? thanks for any suggestions.

ElenitaB
07-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Lots of places in the immediate area, and also on the walk from Times Sq. up to the theatre. Are you looking to eat before or after the show? It can get mighty crowded around lunch time!

One of my favorite places when I worked in the area was Cosi (great sandwiches and salads). The one I used to go to was located right near the corner of Broadway and 51st. It's at 1633 Broadway, set back a bit by a plaza from the corner itself. You'd have to walk past it when you turn left from Broadway to the theatre.

Too bad Earl of Sandwich isn't open yet!

Katzateer
07-02-2011, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=

Too bad Earl of Sandwich isn't open yet![/QUOTE]

OMG I love Earl of Sandwich- hope it opens soon.
thanks for the suggestions

BelleBeauty
07-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I worked right near Times Square and one of my favorite places to eat is Schnippers. It is on the corner of 41st Street and 8th Avenue. It is cafeteria style, so you order and then they give you a buzzer that rings when your food is ready. They have plenty of table seating and really great food options. Bonus: they were also on Throwdown with Bobby Flay on the Food Network for their sloppy joe's.

Enjoy you trip! If you get in early before your tickets to the exhibit, there is a World of Disney store on Fifth Avenue that is always fun to visit :mickey:

Katzateer
07-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Does the cafeteria have any vegetarian choices?

sounds like a Jewish Deli we used to go to in Indianapolis.

Thanks for the suggestion.

DisneyDog
07-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Katzateer, I have to give you a huge, big THANK YOU. I don't know how I haven't heard any advertising about the Harry Potter exhibit. We live outside of Philly, and I have not heard one single word about it. Amazing. Anyway, my DS8's 9th birthday is September 3rd. I didn't have a clue what to do for his birthday. I didn't want to do another bowling party, and he's been asking to go to Universal Studios, which isn't in the cards right now. But, after reading your post, I knew exactly what we would do! We ordered tickets for 11:30 on Saturday, Sept. 3rd. We are going to drive to North Jersey and take the train from there. And, the best party is it will be a complete surprise! I am soooo excited!!!

Katzateer
07-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I will let you know how it is - we go tomorrow!:woohoo: