PDA

View Full Version : First Trip to DL - Last Day

clausjo
07-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Today was our last day. I let the kids sleep in until 9:30 and, after checking out of our room and storing our luggage, we headed out to DL. There wasn’t much on the agenda except for the Tikki Room. I knew they had the original version here and I had to see it. This was my favorite when I was a girl and I couldn’t pass it up. The kids liked it, but said they liked the one in FL better because it had “more action”. Oh well.

We rode a few more things in DL and then headed to CA. There was a t-shirt I wanted to get for my nephew. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the souvenir choices. I was hoping I would be able to find a lot that said Disneyland or California Adventure, but there wasn’t much. In fact, most of what they had I could have gotten in WDW. They had the generic t-shirts with Mickey that said DL, but not much else. Anyway, after riding a few things in CA, we went to Downtown Disney to get a lego set for Matt that he had seen the night before. Since we had to get the shuttle to the airport by 2:30, that was about all we were able to do. We said a teary good-bye to the California parks and were on our way.

Overall, we had a great trip. There were a few things I would have liked to have done that we didn’t get to that will go on our “next time” list. I really like how close the parks are to one another – it makes hopping really easy. My kids and I enjoy hopping in FL, but it takes so much time. This was great. Although Disneyland feels smaller than the Magic Kingdom, there is just as much to do. We never felt like it was lacking in any way. We all got a kick out of how the same rides that we have in FL are different here in CA. Some we liked “our” version better, and others we preferred the CA version better. I also found it interesting how some rides in FL have such a long wait when they’re an average wait here and vice versa. Like Toy Story Mania. In CA, the wait was generally never more than 20 minutes, but it’s always such a long wait in FL. Star Tours had waits of 230 minutes throughout our 4 days there, but according to a wait time app, the one in FL generally had a 20 to 30 minute wait. Strange. We will most definitely be back after the CA expansion is done. We’re looking forward to Carsland and everything else they’re doing.

Thanks to all on the boards that offered their advice. It was nice to be a newbe in a Disney park and not be the one giving out the advice all the time!

tinkwest
07-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I agree that there are not enough choices of shirts and such that specify Disneyland and/or DCA. I'm happy your family had a good time at the Resort. You picked a great time of the year to visit. Thanks for sharing your experiences. :wave:

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2:

eeyorepoohfan
07-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all of the reports! I'm so happy to hear that your first trip went great! I agree about the difference in the castles. After being at WDW and then going to Dland, you kind of go "where is it"? But once you get up to it, it is very special and beautiful. You were able to accomplish and see a lot in your trip!

LVT
07-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Thank you for your trip report. I did not have a good idea of what it would be like in DL. instead of WDW.

Crow
08-07-2011, 02:09 AM
thanks.
if i do make it there in Sept for my first trip Ill be comparing it to WDW. and seeing if 2 days is enough