PDA

View Full Version : Have you recently eaten at Tonys?

CanadaLovesDisney
07-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Has anyone recently eaten at Tonys town square restaurant? We are very curious if they are still offering the leek gnocchi? They usually do a seasonal gnocchi and one in our party has allergies.

Thanks to anyone who can answer!

ElenitaB
07-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Sorry, we haven't been to Tony's in years (though it's a great spot if you can sit on the terrace just about when the parade goes by! :thumbsup: ), but a quick check of their menu as posted on the Disney site's Tony's Town Square page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tonys-town-square/), shows the following: "Seasonal Gnocchi made in-house daily with a Goat Cheese and Leek Cream Sauce and topped with Sautéed Spinach." Is this dish as good as it sounds?

PETE FROM NYC
07-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Tony's used to do a great breakfast. We have not returned since it stopped.
As far as the regular menu goes, its what WDW wants you to believe is Italian. As a NYer of Italian heritage, I say its not. Its what I call tourist food, for the folks who don't know any better.

marlyn
07-03-2011, 10:04 PM
"Seasonal Gnocchi made in-house daily with a Goat Cheese and Leek Cream Sauce and topped with Sautéed Spinach." Is this dish as good as it sounds?

Yes!!! :eat:

LVT
07-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I did not eat there, but for food allergies you should tell them. A chef will come to the table before any one can get food. This type of consultation is standard at WDW and should not embarrass the person. I do it at all Table service places.

A Big Kid
07-04-2011, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=PETE FROM NYC;2185453]Tony's used to do a great breakfast. We have not returned since it stopped.
QUOTE]

Sadly, this is my thought exactly.

After 9-11, they stopped serving breakfast. My wife and I two more times in successive years for dinner, and were not impressed. We havent been back to Tony's in over 6 years.

CanadaLovesDisney
07-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Yes!!! :eat:

It's really good! Thanks very much everyone!!

Mfarquar
07-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Tony's used to do a great breakfast. We have not returned since it stopped.
As far as the regular menu goes, its what WDW wants you to believe is Italian. As a NYer of Italian heritage, I say its not. Its what I call tourist food, for the folks who don't know any better.

TOTALLY AGREE!!

That's a shame about the breakfast. I would have loved to give that a try on this trip.

TheRustyScupper
07-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Has anyone recently eaten at Tonys town square restaurant?

Do you mean "Chef-Boy-R-Dee-On-The-Square" ?