PDA

View Full Version : KylesMom's Summer Getaway Pre-Trip Report

KylesMom
06-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Since Online Check-In was completed this morning, I figured I’d better get busy & post my pre-trip report! :papple:

Cast of Characters: Myself (45), DH (45) and DS (Stitch98 on the Boards-13)
Dates of Travel: July 10-24, 2011
Resort: Wilderness Lodge

It’s finally time! We booked through Terrisue last November, and have anxiously been awaiting our next Disney trip. (THANKS, TERRISUE for EVERYTHING!) Among other things, we’re celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. This will be our 12th annual trip to The World with DS. Hard to believe we had planned a single trip for DS in 2000 (who was 27 months at the time) with no thoughts of returning until he was older. Shows you what I know, eh?! It's almost incomprehensible to me that we now have a teen!

We’ll arrive at MCO via Southwest at 9:35 am on Sunday & snag a car via Emerald Aisle, and then we’re off to WL. After a quick pre-check in, we’ll carry ourselves and our A/Ps over to MK for the first of our adventures. Thoughts for this day? ENJOY! We’ve scheduled a 2pm ADR at The Plaza, as I’m sure we’re going to be starving at that point. Since we’ll be up at around 2:30 am this day for travel, I doubt that we’ll last past 6 pm. That’s ok, though – we’ll simply hop on the boat when we’re tired & make our way home.

We are another family that gets an early start & returns to the resort in the heat of the day to enjoy all it has to offer. During our trip, we’re hoping to snag a spot as WL Flag Family, find some hidden Mickey’s we haven’t yet come across, and enjoy some of the entertainment at World Showcase – among other things. We’re also kickin’ around the DVC tour this time around. We're stocked up on INTERCOT shirts, so if you happen to be down there & see us, give a shout out!

While I’m not going to give a play-by-play on our 15-day rough itinerary (lots of “definite maybe’s”), the ADRs we’ve scheduled are as follows:
•The Plaza (Lunch x 2)
•Crystal Palace (Lunch)
•Mama Melrose (Lunch & Fantasmic Dinner Package x 2)
•Sci-Fi (Lunch)
•Chef Mickey’s (Breakfast & Dinner)
•LeCellier (Dinner x 3)
•Whispering Canyon (Dinner)
•Via Napoli (Lunch)
•Cape May Seafood Buffet (Dinner)
•T-Rex (Lunch)
•Ohana (Dinner)

We’re shipping a box down with snacks & miscellaneous “stuff”, and will make a grocery run to Winn-Dixie and ABC Liquors probably our second night on property to set us up for the remainder of our trip. We will be utilizing our Tables in Wonderland card which is good until the end of September, and our A/Ps for park admittance. They expire on July 25th, and by the time we’re done we’ll have two annual trips & 29 days in the parks on them. I’m just hoping for good weather outbound – last year we were caught in the horrible Chicago flooding and we missed a whole day at Disney by having to hang at O’Hare – yes, in JULY! We’re taking the last flight back to Chicago on Sunday the 24th so we’ll have enough time to still enjoy the parks our last day.

I think we’re all just looking forward to reconnecting and enjoy everything that Disney has to offer. Good food, good laughs and irreplaceable family time. I can’t WAIT to get this trip started! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
06-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Good stuff!:thumbsup:

Got to LOVE AP's, TIW and especially TERRISUE!

disneymom15
06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Sounds great.
I also love**AP's & Terrisue. Going to get a TIW card in Aug for the first time (hope we find it a good buy). We did the DVC tour in January and bought into BLT.

Melanie
06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Carol, you've truly got some great meals and activities planned. Hope your dreams of being the flag family work out! :mickey:

I'd love to touch base with you as well, if we have a chance. We'll have to keep in contact. :)

teambricker04
06-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Have fun! I bet you are glad to get out of IL before our heat wave this weekend :) I don't know about you, but if I am going to do hot, I would MUCH rather do it at Disney :mickey:

faline
06-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Two weeks?! What a wonderfully long trip! Goodness, your trip really is right around the corner! How exciting!

Mickey'sGirl
06-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Awesome Carol! I wish you and your DH a very happy 20th anniversary!

Maybe we'll be in synch next year? ;)

Kairi_7378
06-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Happy anniversary! And congratulations on hitting the big 20 year milestone!

Can't wait to read about your trip when you return.

brian2000boston
07-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Nice long trip, i hope its special!

Dsnygirl
07-02-2011, 03:09 AM
:mickey: How exciting that your trip is almost here -- I can almost feel it in your report!! :)

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip and find lots of time to relax & reconnect... have a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary, too! Any special plans for that??

Can't wait to hear about it all when you get back!

vizsla
07-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

AgentC
07-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Wilderness Lodge is one of my favorite resorts. Have a great time.

VWL Mom
07-08-2011, 08:44 AM
If someone sent me to WL for 14 days I'd swear I died and went to heaven....love it!

Have a wonderful trip, enjoy :mickey:

RedSoxFan
07-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Have a wonderful trip.:mickey:

DizNee143
07-10-2011, 02:08 PM
sounds like its going to be a great vacation!! i cant wait to read all about it when you guys get back..hope you all have a blast!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
07-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Have a great trip!

princessgirls
07-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Have a great trip!!!!!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
07-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Hope you have a wonderful time!

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2011, 07:24 AM
So we missed each other this trip! You arrived on the 10th, we departed on the 11th. Hope you had as much fun as we did!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a good plan

MOJoe
07-14-2011, 10:36 AM
My wife and i are also celebrating our 20th anniversary this August. So i can add that to the list of things we seem to have in common. :secret: Enjoy your meals. LeCellier 3 times?!! And say hi to CP3O for me. Hope your trip is wonderful.