PDA

View Full Version : Difference between resorts?

Wrigley
06-30-2011, 03:53 PM
We are heading to the World in May, and we can't seem to agree on a resort. My DH and I are leaning towards CBR (which we have stayed at several times and love), or Pop (which we have stayed at at like). My dd wants to stay at the All Star Movies. We have never stayed at any of the All Stars. Will we notice any difference between pop and movies? How is the food court? Pools? Crowds? Busses? Thanks so much!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-30-2011, 04:00 PM
We personally found the All Stars easier to navigate and we also liked the food court better....the biggest complaint I see on Intercot is people don't like that the All Stars shares buses....

darthmacho
06-30-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm partial to ASMu, but Pop seems pretty pop-ular (haha) here on these boards. Personally, if money isn't an issue in the matter, I'd select the moderate resort, CBR, especially if you're interested in the sit-down restaurant. :mickey:

Mfarquar
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
In my experience, I would go with Pop because has the best buses out of those options. There is one pick up location and one drop off. No stopping at other resorts (All Stars) or driving around the entire resort for other pickups (CBR).

I have stayed at All Star Movies and really liked it. However, at that time, it did not share a bus with anyone. It's really not all that different than Pop, if you ask me. IMO, Pop is just laid out a bit better, but Movies has the advantage of being a bit smaller.

The movie food court was OK, I found Pop to be very similar, but with more bakery items and snack choices (plus tye-die cheesecake!).

I have not done any of these resorts in May, so I can't speak to the crowds. However, during some other crowded months, I have found the crowds of people to be equally annoying at all of these resorts :) May shouldn't be too bad, though! :)

big blue and hairy
06-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I would steer clear of All Star Movies until they finish the refurb. It is in big need of it. All Star Music is good, but I prefer Pop. CBR is also very nice, bigger rooms.

:sulley:

EJS-Houston
06-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I've stayed at All-Star Sports 3 times now, and have always been happy with it. I chose it over the other All-Stars primarily because although it shares a bus with the other 2, the buses always pick up at Sports first, and drop off there first on the way back.

brownie
06-30-2011, 08:21 PM
We've stayed at All-Star Movies several times and have enjoyed all our stays. The food court is probably the same size as the one at Pop Century. All-Star Movies is older.

DisneyMom12
06-30-2011, 08:26 PM
We personally found the All Stars easier to navigate and we also liked the food court better....the biggest complaint I see on Intercot is people don't like that the All Stars shares buses....

:ditto: I had more problems with the buses at Pop, than the All Stars.

Mickey'sGirl
06-30-2011, 10:39 PM
We've stayed at all of the value resorts and prefer the All Stars. Our youngest loved staying in the Fantasia section of ASMovies more than anything!

CanadaLovesDisney
07-01-2011, 01:59 AM
They are all great choices. Depends if you need more room space (moderate tends to have larger rooms)... but all are nice. We've stayed at all three and enjoyed things about each.

Have a great trip.

FutureCorpsFan
07-01-2011, 12:16 PM
These kinds of questions are always so subjective. If you feel like an adventure, try the new resort. If your not up to exploring a new resort on your visit, go with your gut and what you've been happy with in the past. Then, perhaps take a ride to the resort while your there and check it out for next time. We do this as a way to experience other dining options and checkout other resorts.