PDA

View Full Version : Am I a little crazy?

AmandaChan
06-30-2011, 02:29 PM
We just got a pin through the mail offering values at $60 moderates at $110 and deluxes at $175 in Sept.... we just got back a couple weeks ago and I wish SO BAD that we could go back for just a few days!! Not that we can afford it... but just the fact that I actually thought about it for a few minutes is crazy!

What is sept like anyways? Don't they usually have free dining then? How is the weather and the crowds?

PopPhan
06-30-2011, 02:41 PM
There is currently a "tiered" free dining offer for the late-August thru September time frame....

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=181664

Our preferred time to visit is mid to late September..crowd levels are down, but the heat and humidity can be up...

darthmacho
06-30-2011, 04:12 PM
DO IT! (You know you want to!) :thedolls:

Bethis26fan
06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
DO IT! (You know you want to!) :thedolls:

lol

TheVBs
06-30-2011, 05:33 PM
I would be tempted too! :mickey:

disney obsessed
06-30-2011, 06:36 PM
No! You are not crazy.:mickey:

We only live once. If you can afford it and if the time works, then go.

Kairi_7378
06-30-2011, 09:31 PM
In 2007, we went in both March and October. (We basically booked the second trip 6 weeks after we got in from our first!) People told us we were crazy. We smiled, nodded, and got on that plane again. Looking back we were really happy that we had decided to take the second trip.

Disney is certainly doing its job if you get back from vacation and immediately want to go back :-)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I've been three times since last August and I have to say, with prices like that, I'd be seriously tempted too!

We've gone for the free dining in Sept, after Labor Day. Crowds were very minimal. It was warm but since I'm used to July, it was actually pretty bearable.

I agree-do it!

dnickels
07-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Not that we can afford it... but just the fact that I actually thought about it for a few minutes is crazy!

To me the crazy ones are those who can't afford it but go anyway. If you've read Intercot long enough you can find a ton of examples
-no money to pay the rent but going to Disney anyway
-in bankruptcy but going to Disney anyway
-having to sell personal possessions (not just extra stuff lying around the house) to be able to go

The justifications are just as endless
-child will only be a baby once
-child will only be an infant once
-child will only be a child once
-child will only be a pre-teen once
-child will only be a teenager once
-child will only be a junior in high school once...
and on and on and on.

Disney's not going anywhere, it'll be there a year from now or five years from now (and if it's not we all probably will have bigger things to worry about than a Disney trip). Magic memories with family can be made anywhere, not just on a $2,000 Disney vacation.

You're probably not crazy, you probably did the right thing. :thumbsup:

DisneyDINK
07-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm with DNickels. If you can't afford it, don't do it. I could go on and on about personal finance issues as that is my business, but I won't.

Also, if I were to go back-to-back like that I'd be cheating myself out of the months of planning and posting on the boards that comes before any trip I take. I love the build-up too much!

MOJoe
07-01-2011, 11:35 AM
To me the crazy ones are those who can't afford it but go anyway. If you've read Intercot long enough you can find a ton of examples
Magic memories with family can be made anywhere, not just on a $2,000 Disney vacation.

You can have a Disney Vacation for only $2,000? Now That's Crazy! ;)

MuchLovedMama
07-01-2011, 12:14 PM
September is the best time to go in my opinion. I've been going since before they started doing the free dining and although that raised crowds a tiny bit it's still very low crowds. We'll be going next September again. :number1:

Temps are reasonable but the love bugs may make an appearance and they are annoying but they don't harm you.

Cara121078
07-01-2011, 05:03 PM
You can have a Disney Vacation for only $2,000? Now That's Crazy! ;)

I was thinking the same thing!!!