PDA

View Full Version : DME w/o a flight

birdsell
06-29-2011, 10:41 PM
If we are arriving at the beginning of a vacation and going elsewhere after Disney, can we take the DME back to the airport without having a flight that departs that day? We are wanting to pick up a rental car at MCO and go from there.

Thanks!

DizneyRox
06-29-2011, 10:43 PM
All resort reservations get a trip FROM the airport on or after your check-in date, and a trip TO the airport on or before your departure date, for everyone on that reservation.

birdsell
06-29-2011, 10:54 PM
I also just priced renting from the Alamo desk at Disney - cheaper than from MCO.

How would we get to the car care center? Is there transportation and/or do they pick up?

Ed
06-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Your rental will definitely be cheaper if you get it from somewhere other than the airport. If you study your rental papers, you'll see that at the airport there are several additional charges, such as "facility fee" and crazy taxes that can make a definite difference in the bottom line.

Offhand, I don't know if they would pick you up or what the transportation options might be; perhaps someone else can answer that part, or it might be worthwhile to give them a call.

jenperich
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
I know Enterprise will pick you up. We rented a car last year to go to Universal and they picked us up at BLT. I would think they all would pick you up if they want your business. :-)

lindique
06-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Alamo/National share a pickup van and an office at the Car Care Center. They will pick you up anywhere on Disney property. You need to call them at least a few hours before to make a reservation. They usually pick up every 30 minutes in most places.