PDA

View Full Version : DS turning 3 during trip... problem at the parks?

Kairi_7378
06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
My DS will be celebrating his third birthday in WDW this year. I know that Disney's policy is that my son's age at the beginning of the trip dictates how he is charged for admission through the trip (This has been verified by the wonderful Karen and Magical Journeys!) Therefore, he will be free for the duration of the trip. However, am I going to get a lot of strange comments from the CM's at the front gate, asking about his age? DS is small for his age (35th percentile, he's short like me and DH!) but he is very vocal. Do I just have to say "He is turning 3 on the trip?" when they ask his age? Do I have to carry a birth certificate around?

Would love some advice from those of you who have had to deal with this. I was starting to worry after reading a few comments last week about the gate CM's. Thanks!

DizneyRox
06-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I would just say he's turning three in a few days. They know the drill, ignore any comments if there are any. I doubt there will be.

FriendsofMickey
06-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I would not worry about it. When and if they ask, just say that this is his birthday celebration trip.

I took my girls when they were almost 3 (two weeks away). No one questioned me. They are also small for their age.

We went back when they were almost 4. We bought them tickets. However, more than once the CMs would have let them walk right through. Of course, my girls would not let it happen, because they wanted to use their tickets. :mickey:

So, chances are no one is going to even question you.
Have a good trip!

Mickey'sGirl
06-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Our son was well over 40" when he was under 3, and NOT ONCE were we questionned about his age. (I did carry his ID, however). I would not worry about your son at all!

waymickey
06-30-2011, 08:02 AM
My daughter turned three on our trip to disney and she was not small for her age average height and had the vocab. of a 16 year old. No one asked us once about her age. She had a lot of happy birthday princess from the CMs. Don't worry and have fun.

CajunDisneyDad
06-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I honestly would treat Disney at this point...like I treated my parents when I was a teen... keep them on a need to know basis. Only tell them what they need to know. Your son is 2 at the time you get there... that is all they need to know :)

chefmickey3
06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
I felt the same way even though we weren't there for my son's birthday. He was turning three in two months and looked like he could be five - same thing very verbal - and was already 40". Now he is almost 5' and looks like he could be 11 or 12. He is 9 and I am slightly worried that they will question his age - since 10 is the magic adult age in Disney! I don't mind buying him adult passes and meals except he is still 9! I will bring his birth certificate just in case, but no one has ever said anything to us when they were under three and I have really tall boys.

Kairi_7378
06-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you all for your advice... it's made me calm down about this issue. :rocks:

jennsky
07-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Glad to read all of this because on our next trip my son will be turning 3 part way through it as well. Thanks for the info!

darthmacho
07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
If you have your park admission paid for, why would they question you at the gate anyway?

Hope you have a great trip. :mickey:

jokat
07-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Don't wanna be a debbie downer...that being said, we took our DD for her 3rd birthday celebration. We had a nine day stay, and she turned three about half-way through. Only once did a CM question us, at the entrance to AK. She stated, "she looks a little big to only just be three." Truth is, she is a big girl for her age. Always at or above 100th percentile since she was born. You know what? It didn't matter. We booked in advance, disclosed her age and birthday, and played by the rules. Even IF someone says something, it can't change what a magical time you will have and the memories you will create. :party:

Mickey91
07-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Both of my kids are tall for their age and we have never been questioned at WDW. However, when my daughter was 2, we had season passes to Kings Dominion. Since she would not turn three until after the park closed for the winter, we did not have to get her a pass. We met friends one day at the park and their daughter (who was very tiny) had just celebrated her third birthday. She got in without a pass no questions asked. My daughter was harassed to the point of I had to get the customer service rep to come and make the girl let us in. We had just returned from our magical stay at WDW and were totally shocked! I'm so glad WDW has CMs that are more sensitive to people and strive to make our days magical!:mickey: