PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Sept 21 stay at Marriott World Center

Disney OB RN
06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Trying to figure in Disney time during conference Sept 21-24 at Marriott World Center!!!! Does anyone have advice regarding crowd levels during this time period, and transportation (cab fare?). I do not know if this resort is closer to Universal than Disney; have never stayed there;has anyone got a review? Thanks so much!!!!:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I stayed there at least 7 times in the late 80's and it was a fantastic place then. We always spent our time at Disney, and drove there.

DVC2004
06-29-2011, 05:13 PM
If it's the one I am thinking or, isn't it located right outside the gates by Downtown Disney? It's a really large hotel and I think they have vacation villas there, too. Maybe you can take the cab to DTD and just take Disney transportation on from there. Crowds should be pretty light, September is a slower time of year. It's usually pretty warm.

magicalmom
06-29-2011, 08:04 PM
You're much closer to WDW, and I think there's a free shuttle. Ask if they can put you in a room that faces Disney - you can see the fireworks if you're high enough.

Aurora
06-30-2011, 12:01 AM
It's a fine hotel, geared for business travelers, enormous, but other than the very nice pools, nothing special, IMHO. It is not close to Universal. It's on the other side of I-4 from Downtown Disney. We were there several years ago and they had a shuttle to Disney then, but I've heard they don't have that anymore. If they do, I wouldn't take it -- the wait and ride to the Magic Kingdom took over an hour. Reports are that cab fare is about $20 to Downtown Disney, including tip.

Disney OB RN
07-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks so much! I believe that I thought the resort was the one you can see en route to the airport via Mears the last convention visit I was there---maybe that is the Marriott Vista near Sea World I noted discussion on another thread......it is great news to see that it is so near WDW....I think a rental car at the airport is in order. Any reccomendations? Thanks for all the advice from Intercot...the best!:thumbsup:

Disney OB RN
07-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Rental car vs. Cab fare to Downtown Disney, then take Disney transportation from there? If we choose cab to Universal, how much would it be, if anyone has done this?:mickey:

NJGIRL
07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
The Mears (if that is the cab company that you use) web site has a trip calculator that will give you a very close estimate.

Disney OB RN
07-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks!