PDA

View Full Version : Need Ft Wilderness Cabin HELP!!

dumbomydumbo
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
We currently have two rooms booked at the Caribbean Beach for a total of 4 adults and 2- 22 month old twins (who will sleep in Pack n Plays). My daughter is afraid that it will be too crowded in the room. Suites at deluxe are too much money..adding over $2K more for the week. So my daughter suggested the cabins for all of us. Questions: Room enough to be comfortable? The babies are climbers...I here the ladder is not removable for the bunk beds.
We are not outdoorsey people...what about the atmosphere?

Any and all thoughts will be appreciated!

AmandaChan
06-29-2011, 04:17 PM
No help from me but I am curious to see others' responses. Especially with little kids/toddlers how are the floors??? They look rough and woodsy.. heh. Are they comfortable enough for little kids to crawl and walk around on? It seems like there are a lot of people that stay here that love it. I have had an interest in it because we used to camp when I was little and this seems like fun. I hear the busses are great too... and they have pools! For being a cabin the bathrooms look nice and you get a kitchen I believe... really can't beat that with little kids.

KylesMom
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Questions: Room enough to be comfortable? The babies are climbers...I here the ladder is not removable for the bunk beds.
We are not outdoorsey people...what about the atmosphere?

Please do not take this the wrong way - but I want to be honest. I guess my first concern would be that you mention you aren't outdoorsey people. Well, the cabins are rustic in decor - and you're at a campground. You can't get much more outdoorsey than that, unless you're sleeping in a tent. Woods, trees and wildlife surround you in your cabin.

With four adults & two toddlers, I would much prefer the space (and two bathrooms) that CBR offers. CBR square footage x 2 = 628 square feet versus the cabin's 504. The other thing I would be concerned about is the fact that you have two climbers. I don't remember the furniture being uber-child friendly, and I don't believe any of the kitchen cabinets have safety locks on them - you'd definitely need to bring some. The double-bed would fit two adults, but I would suggest that the other two would want to utilize the murphy bed in the living room. Also, I don't believe you're going to get two pack-n-plays in the bedroom, one will have to be in the living room anyway. Just to clarify, we've stayed at both resorts . . .

This link to InfoCentral may help you get a better feel of the layout of the cabin as well as CBR:

Disney Resorts (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/default.asp)

I believe there is a $5 per adult per day charge for more than two adults in the cabin.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
yes I don't think it would be too crowded with two rooms at CBR...thats two adults per room....I would think the cabin would be more crowded

greengeen
06-29-2011, 06:37 PM
The cabins sleep 6 but only have ONE bathroom, and are too small for more than one family, IMO. Extended family is great, but better to have two rooms. Also, the atmosphere is very outdoorsy. You might prefer CBR's beach resort theme.

Cinderelley
06-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Are you getting two cabins or wanting to put all of you into one? How comfortable will all of you be in one cabin if that is the route you are going?

I am most definitely not an outdoorsey person. I love the cabins though. If you are all going to stay in one cabin, I would suggest the mom and dad sleep on the murphy bed with the pack n plays placed in the kitchen/living room area. The other two adults (I am assuming are you and your dh) can sleep in the bedroom. The biggest drawbacks I can see to the cabins for you is that everyone will be crammed together in one "space" and the bus system. There is an internal bus system that you use to take to get to buses that you use to get to the theme parks. Having to catch two buses drives me batty and can be difficult with two sleeping children and tired adults.

If you can get a room at CBR with one King size bed, the pack n plays will probably fit just fine in one room. That way, if you need some downtime from the dear little, you can go to your own room.

brownie
06-29-2011, 07:01 PM
If I'm reading it right, you'll have a total 6, 4 adults and 2 toddlers with 2 rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort. You should be fine on space.

The two rooms will also give you 2 bathrooms/showers.

kakn7294
06-30-2011, 12:54 AM
I'd probably go with the 2 rooms at CBR but another option is to get a family suite at AS Music. It also has 2 bathrooms and a small kitchenette. However, there is only 1 true bed - a queen in the bedroom. The other beds are a pull-out double sofa bed, a pull-out single chair bed and a pull-out single ottoman bed. These suites run similarly in price to the cabins at Ft Wilderness.

sara114
06-30-2011, 09:52 AM
I have stayed at both places. I would book the 2 rooms vs. the cabins. As stated before, the 2 rooms would give you the advantage of 2 bathrooms. The cabin would actually be closer living space than CBR.
The only advantage to the cabins - microwave, stove and full size fridge.

Mickey'sGirl
06-30-2011, 10:30 AM
I would also put the 22 month olds into a bed with bed rails. Our youngest was not only a climber, but a vaulter too, and he fared far better in a bed than he ever did in a crib or pack and play.

I would stick with CBR.

disneydeb
06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
The cabins have only one bathroom - go with the two rooms connecting!:thumbsup:

teambricker04
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
It just depends on how much togetherness you can handle.

My family (DH, myself, and our two DSs) stayed in the cabin with my parents. We got the room and my parents took the murphy bed. The kids went to bed much earlier than the rest of us. Our youngest son was about a 5mo in a pack and play and our oldest was 3 at the time. As we are use to having only one bathroom when we visit my parents, this wasn't anything shocking or new to us. Also, I am not remotely outdoorsy and this is the only way that I will "camp"... Shhhh... I know, it isn't really camping :blush:

It really just depends on how you like to visit. Our goal was that we wanted a place to come back and eat dinner and relax. We used the full kitchen and made dinner nearly every day. It wasn't full force parks, just leisurely parks. We totally enjoyed the amenities at FW.

We have stayed in the ASMu suites with my MIL and GrandMIL. It was just fine in the way of space and I do agree it was nice to have the two bathrooms (GMIL prefers her own space and a lot of privacy). We mainly visited the parks and weren't hard in the room. However, it was nice to have the kitchenette for quick breakfasts.

As far as buses go, I much prefer the FW buses to the AS.

Good luck making a choice!