PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Flames24
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
We just got back from a 10 day trip and we had a blast with the family. We have been there twice in a year and now I want to make it 3 times. My problem is this. Our 5th anniversary is coming up in OCT and my DS is turning 2 at the end of Sept. I want to surprise my DW with the trip but I want it to be a cheap trip. I'm thinking of a 6 day trip. We could go in sept and get the free dining offer or we can go in OCT and not get the free dinning and we would have to pay for the sons plane trip. When do you think I should go if I could pull this off.
Thanks

vicster
06-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Well, you would save a lot of money with free dining.............October does get a little more crowded with Food & Wine Festival. The big decision is what you want - either way it's a wonderful surprise!

MuchLovedMama
06-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Free Dining saves a lot so that's what I'd do but I wouldn't count October out for free dining yet. They could always come out with an offer for then. You could always book for September and if in the next couple weeks something comes out you could switch to October with the new deal. That's what I'd do...

MizMissy
06-29-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure what other discounts are out right now, but you should look into room only discounts also. With only you and your spouse on the dining plan, the free dining offer (paying rack room hotel rates) may not be the best savings.

faline
06-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Depending on how you like to dine, you might come out ahead if you could get a decent room discount and pay out of pocket for your meals.

You'd also save on tickets if you go before your child turns 3.

I'd suggest contacting Magical Journeys who could help you with the numbers and make sure you get the best deal possible for your trip!

mariak
06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
If I were you, I’d go on to the WDW web-site and put a couple trips together using the criteria for the two different scenarios and then find out how much your airline tickets would be in each so that you could look at it “apples to apples” on paper. Don't forget to select they type of park tickets and dining etc.. that you want. You can save up to like 5 offers on the WDW web-site so you can compare costs of different trips. We generally do this as well as call our AAA travel agent to find out what their price would be. Most of the time, WDW comes out with a deal better than the AAA discount and they will adjust for that. So, as one of the other posts indicated…don’t rule out offers in October…you never know….

Good luck!
:mickey: