PDA

View Full Version : Another few questions about August (forgive me)

LisaP
06-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Thinking about throwing sense out the window and going in August (I despise humidity/heat), but we are sort of flexible on the timeframe that month.

Does anyone know what time of month the crowd levels typically drop off? If I plan to suffer in the humid/heat, I'd prefer to do it when crowds are thinner :shades:

spoiledraf
06-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Historically it drops off the 3rd week when most of the schools in the south return to classes. Of course I have to be going the second week due to commitments. But we'll manage.

olivegirl
06-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Every year we visit Disney third week of August. This year Aug 18- 30th. There definitly is a drop off of crowds. Yes the HUMIDITY is there but we always have a plan by taking advantage of the parks early then back to resort by 1pm for swimming, naps, sun!! By dinnertime we are all refreshed and then it is back to the parks!!! Also mother nature usually throws in a T-storm or 2 each day. But they are usually short lived and again if you plan for the storms and go with the flow you will have a GREAT time!!! :thumbsup:

Melanie
06-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Florida Resident Seasonal Pass blockout period ends August 19, if that tells you anything.

princessgirls
06-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Florida Resident Seasonal Pass blockout period ends August 19, if that tells you anything.

That sounds like "Welcome Back Florida Residents, the tourists are gone" to me!!!!

Low crowds!!

We arrive on 8/20!!!

Julie:mickey: