PDA

View Full Version : Is WDW turning 40 this year??

jessicazmom
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Are there any special promotions. Maybe I'm stretching, but I won't be at Disney for my 40th. That was last month. But, I will be there in 4 more weeks and one more day! I know there are birthday specials if you come ON your birthday. I was wondering if Disney is celebrating their 40th, like I've been!!

Thanks!
Nancy

Ed
06-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Yes, this is WDW's 40th but very little has been announced regarding special activities, themes, or other promotions. :shrug: Perhaps there will be more forthcoming as the actual anniversary approaches - October 1st.

luvdiznee
06-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Hoping something comes out around the first of Oct...since we will be there then. :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-29-2011, 07:22 AM
There's some really nice 40th anniversary merchandise but that's pretty much it.

Melanie
06-29-2011, 07:30 AM
The merchandise has been out for awhile and it's great! There is a lot of clothing, magnets, Vinylmations, purses, etc. in the vintage pattern.

We'll actually be in WDW the first weekend of October for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon. I'll be interested to see if any acknowledgement is made at all.

But I can't wait for the 50th blowout! :party:

vicster
06-29-2011, 09:05 AM
We asked a cast member when we were there last September and she hadn't heard anything about any big celebrations - so sad. Hate to say it but it made me realize I'm older than WDW!!!!!!!!!!

faline
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I know there are birthday specials if you come ON your birthday.

I'm not aware of any specials that are offered for celebrating your birthday in Disney World. Cast members do sometimes acknowledge the celebration with a cupcake, decorated table etc. but nothing more.

Strmchsr
06-29-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm not aware of any specials that are offered for celebrating your birthday in Disney World. Cast members do sometimes acknowledge the celebration with a cupcake, decorated table etc. but nothing more.

The OP might be thinking of that special deal that came out 2 years ago where you get in free on your birthday or got a FP, etc.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2011, 07:15 PM
My DH is just enjoying the fact that he and WDW are turning 40 in the same year!

The birthday promotion was cool a couple of years ago ... too bad there isn't anything like it anymore.

jessicazmom
06-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone! I am enjoying turning 40 with WDW too! I'm in St. Louis and our Six Flags is turning 40 this year and so is the Hard Rock Cafe! Guess I am in good company! :party: Please post something if you hear of a birthday celebration going on at WDW. Thanks!