PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

disneymomma2010
06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I currently have sanaa booked for one of the evenings of our trip. We have never tried it before but the more I think about it I dont think we would like the food. We have never ate indian before and we are more of the meat and potato type. Im looking at the other options for that evening and my choices are captian's grille, grande floridian cafe, or wispering canyon. We have ate at wispering canyon before but not the others. We will also have our two 7 year old boys with us. What do you recommend?

HoosierDisneyFan
06-28-2011, 09:14 PM
We eaten at Grand Floridian Cafe & Whispering Canyon and will being trying Captain's Grille for the first time in Oct. With your two 7 year olds Whispering Canyon may be your best bet. Grand Floridian Cafe is great but more of an adult restuarant if you ask me.

Briansmom
06-28-2011, 10:07 PM
We've not eaten at Grand Floridian Cafe however we have eaten at both Captain's Grille and Whispering Canyon.......hands down, Whispering Canyon....especially with your boys. :mickey:

steamboat willy
06-29-2011, 09:41 AM
My choices are captian's grille, grande floridian cafe, or wispering canyon. We have ate at wispering canyon before but not the others.

Where is the Captain's Grille located? I can not find the menus or the location. I assume it's at at Resort?
I'm familiar with California Grill, Captain Cooks, Captain Jacks.....but no Captain's Grille?:confused:

disneymomma2010
06-29-2011, 09:41 AM
We love the wispering canyon, but after I talked to my husband he said he would like to try something different this time. So the options are really between the other two now. Im leaning towards captain's grille if anybody can tell me about it. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
06-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Never had Indian food before our last trip and tried Sanaa. Hands down, the best meal we had. You can control how spicy or not you get the food and there is a wide selection of foods. I'd stick with it and give it a try.

steamboat willy
06-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Where is the Captain's Grille located? I can not find the menus or the location. I assume it's at at Resort?
I'm familiar with California Grill, Captain Cooks, Captain Jacks.....but no Captain's Grille?:confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

Scar
06-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Captain's Grille (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/captains-grille/)

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
If you are looking for new experiences and are meat and potato types, I would recommend the Captains Grille over at the Yacht Club.

disneymomma2010
06-29-2011, 11:26 AM

It's at the Yacht Club resort. I found the menu on disney's site. They have rib eye and new york strip :)

disneymomma2010
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Never had Indian food before our last trip and tried Sanaa. Hands down, the best meal we had. You can control how spicy or not you get the food and there is a wide selection of foods. I'd stick with it and give it a try.

I would love to eat there for the atmosphere, but I looked at the menu and they even serve everything with rice, dh and dont really like rice. I know, we are crazy! I have acid reflux so the spices do worry me, things that dont bother others make me sick.

Briansmom
06-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Our meal at Captain's Grille was good, we just like WCC better. But you won't get a bad meal at CG. The service was good and the food was good as well. It is a very quiet atmosphere.

disneymomma2010
06-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup: I booked the captain's grille. Since grande floridian is pretty fancy I decided to go with cg. I don't know if we will like it better than wispering canyon but at least we will be trying something new;)

Mickey'sIrishPAl
06-30-2011, 08:32 AM
I would love to eat there for the atmosphere, but I looked at the menu and they even serve everything with rice, dh and dont really like rice. I know, we are crazy! I have acid reflux so the spices do worry me, things that dont bother others make me sick.

The atmosphere is very nice in there, especially when the animals are up and around.
Much like you, I have to be very careful as to what I eat on a regular basis. I have diverticulitis and have to avoid food with small seeds or kernels. Kills me because I love popcorn, rice, strawberries, and anything with poppy seeds. I also get heart burn easily but at Sanaa, I had to "roll the dice" and try it once. Didn't have any issues after dinner but I can understand you not wanting to try it. Regardles, enjoy whatever choice you make. All of your options sound amazing.

brownie
06-30-2011, 09:22 AM

I'll second this! Even our really picky eater found something to eat at Sanaa.

We ate at Sanaa for the first time on our last trip and will be eating there again. I wouldn't change anything; give Sanaa a try.

steamboat willy
06-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Captain's Grille (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/captains-grille/)

It's at the Yacht Club resort. I found the menu on disney's site. They have rib eye and new york strip :)

Thank You BOTH !!!

disneymomma2010
06-30-2011, 06:56 PM
The atmosphere is very nice in there, especially when the animals are up and around.
Much like you, I have to be very careful as to what I eat on a regular basis. I have diverticulitis and have to avoid food with small seeds or kernels. Kills me because I love popcorn, rice, strawberries, and anything with poppy seeds. I also get heart burn easily but at Sanaa, I had to "roll the dice" and try it once. Didn't have any issues after dinner but I can understand you not wanting to try it. Regardles, enjoy whatever choice you make. All of your options sound amazing.

Hmm, well I haven't canceled my ressie yet. Do you remember which meal you had?

Mickey'sIrishPAl
07-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Hmm, well I haven't canceled my ressie yet. Do you remember which meal you had?

Chicken with Red Curry Sauce - Choice of two Entree served with Basmati Rice or Five Grain Pilaf - $18.99

Here are other choices as substitute for rice for you too!!

Side Dish

Crushed Potatoes - Crushed Potatoes - $3.49
Five Grain Pilaf - Five Grain Pilaf - $3.99
Lentil Puree - Lentil Puree - $3.29
Paneer Cheese and Spinach - Paneer Cheese and Spinach - $3.99
Stir Fried Green Beans - Stir Fried Green Beans - $3.99

It was really good. I know that you will enjoy yourself wherever you go. Let me know what you do decide tho. :mickey:

disneymomma2010
07-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Chicken with Red Curry Sauce - Choice of two Entree served with Basmati Rice or Five Grain Pilaf - $18.99

Here are other choices as substitute for rice for you too!!

Side Dish

Crushed Potatoes - Crushed Potatoes - $3.49
Five Grain Pilaf - Five Grain Pilaf - $3.99
Lentil Puree - Lentil Puree - $3.29
Paneer Cheese and Spinach - Paneer Cheese and Spinach - $3.99
Stir Fried Green Beans - Stir Fried Green Beans - $3.99

It was really good. I know that you will enjoy yourself wherever you go. Let me know what you do decide tho. :mickey:

Wow thanks! I could sub the rice for the potatoes and green beans, hmm. What' s the red curry sauce like? I have never had curry. ..... I will tell dh and see what he thinks, you have almost convinced me to keep my ressie:thumbsup:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
07-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow thanks! I could sub the rice for the potatoes and green beans, hmm. What' s the red curry sauce like? I have never had curry. ..... I will tell dh and see what he thinks, you have almost convinced me to keep my ressie:thumbsup:

Woooohoooo!! LOL, you would think that I own stock in the place as much as I rave about it. :D The curry sauce, to me is comparaable to a saucy salsa, only thicker and more flavorful. It really brings out the taste of the chicken. Oh, I almost forgot...if you do go and you don't mind the occasional adult beverage, you must try the Kande Coconut Cooler - refreshing combination of Starr African Run, coconut, vanilla ice cream and orange juice $8.25