PDA

View Full Version : Short Jaunt-What Would You Do?

PirateLover
06-28-2011, 07:37 PM
We had not planned on returning to WDW until the Fantasyland refurb was finished, but, life got in the way! My brother-in-law got a job in Ft. Lauderdale and we will be helping his soon-to-be-wife move down to join him in late August, after their wedding. On the way back we want to stop over at WDW but we are really not sure where to stay. We will only be staying 2 or 3 nights. Not sure whether to go on the cheap as we've been trying to save money, or to splurge since it's such a short time.

We have stayed at Values before with no issue, but I'd like to stay somewhere new. I've stayed at POP, ASMo, CBR, WL and Poly. Thinking about Boardwalk or Beach Club this time around, or maybe Poly again. Don't really want to go moderate because if we are going to be spending more money above Value level, we'd rather have the convenience of being close to at least one of the parks.

I'm leaning towards the splurge because originally we were going to do a huge California trip based around the Phillies road schedule, but the aforementioned wedding got scheduled right smack dab in the middle of when we were going to go. Between airfare, gas, hotels, park tickets etc that trip would've cost exorbitantly more than anything we'd spend on this. At the same time, I feel a bit guilty splurging now that we AREN'T spending that money. I need advice!

disneymom15
06-28-2011, 08:40 PM
I guess if you can afford a deluxe and not feel pinched moneywise, go for it. I was always one who had no problem staying in the values until we started to stay at moderate and deluxe resorts. I guess I'm spoiled now. Whatever you choose, have a great time. We'll be there in late august also. Staying at the beach club.

lala71474
06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
I would say def Poly if your only going to have a couple of days. Being that close to the MK is the way to go.

Have an awesome trip!:mickey:

Scar
06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Swan or Dolphin. Deluxe experience and walk to World Showcase and DHS at a much better price.

They have teacher discounts.

MOJoe
06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Like Scar said, Swan or Dolphin, or any of the Epcot resorts for that matter. But really, for a quick trip, i would try something entirely new. A resort or area you have never stayed in before. If you love it - great! If not, then you can mark it off the list, and not have spent too much time there.

Aurora
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Normally I'd say the Poly, but since you're looking for something new and it's a short trip, I'd go with the Boardwalk. Quick walk to Epcot and longer walk or boat to DHS, plus something to do later at night on the Boardwalk. The one and only strike against it for me is the circus theme at the pool, but if you're not planning to use the pool or if that doesn't bother you, you will be very happy at the BW for a few days.

Hammer
06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Swan or Dolphin. Deluxe experience and walk to World Showcase and DHS at a much better price.

They have teacher discounts.

I agree with Scar; go Swan or Dolphin. I just stayed at the Dolphin over Memorial Day weekend and loved it all over again (had not stayed there since 2003)! The accommodations were great as was the food (get drinks and food at the pool bar). We stayed 3 nights for around $550 (including parking and resort fee costs) and was able to walk to Epcot!

brownie
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd go with the Beach Club. It's a walk to Epcot, you have Beaches & Cream and a mini-water park, and there's great ambience.

dizneydeb22
06-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd go with the Beach Club. It's a walk to Epcot, you have Beaches & Cream and a mini-water park, and there's great ambience.

I agree! And you are also a short walk over to the Boardwalk which has evening entertainment! Have a great time, whichever way you choose!

PirateLover
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the tips! Despite there being a thread with the title in this very forum, I totally forgot about the teacher discount at Swan & Dolphin. We will definitely be looking into that. :mickey:

Jeri Lynn
06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I love the Beach Club and I love the short walk to Epcot!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-30-2011, 05:38 PM
First of all, don't put yourself in a financial bind so if values is what you can afford go that route...however, if it isn't going to really hurt you financially and its only for a couple of days I say go ahead and splurge on Deluxe...stay somewhere new and keep it exciting...I hear great things about YC and BC....or Swan or Dolphin like others have said with the discount you may stay there cheaper than values, who knows?

teambricker04
06-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I would, if I could afford to do so, stay some where new! If I were you, I would try BC (my favorite), but if I were going I would try the Poly :mickey:

Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Kairi_7378
06-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Can't answer on whether or not to spend the money... but in your situation I'd look at the Swan/Dolphin, the BC, or the Contemporary. All of them would be new to you and would have fantastic locations.

lawgirl
07-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd definitely splurge and do the deluxe. Have you checked to see if there are any special deals for your dates?

I think since you are there such a short time definitely do the Poly! Enjoy!

lawgirl
07-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Or like the previous poster, I know the Swan and Dolphin seem to be alot cheaper than the Poly...you might want to call them directly and see if they have any special rates going on. It would be so nice to be so close to Epcot.

PirateLover
07-05-2011, 10:28 PM
We got a discounted rate for Dolphin, so we are booking tomorrow! Thanks for the advice. We have been through the lobby and walked the grounds before so we know what we're in for. We are excited to be trying a totally new area, and close to Epcot and DHS. I feel like since we have so little time (4 days, 2 of which are really 1/2 days) it will help us maximize our time for a cost that is by no means bank breaking.:mickey: