PDA

View Full Version : Time to come back!! Hello fellow Intercotees!!

Terra
06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I've just recently started posting a bit again after being absent for quite a while. 2 boys, a husband and a full time job keep me busy :)

Can't believe my sons are 4 and 3 [we'll he'll be 3 on Thursday!] and I've totally got them hooked on Disney ;)

I had been working for about the past 1.5 years at my son's all special needs school. My son has Sensory Processing Disorder and developmental delays [speech and cognition]. Anyway, it as really tough. And heartbreaking. We had lots of behavioral issues to the point where some students would throw desks, chairs, furniture, stab someone with any sharp object they can fine, kicking, biting, etc. I realized, that's not my line of work!:secret: God bless the people who ARE called to that!

Anyway, I'm off for the summer. I gave my resignation and have an interview tomorrow in a clerical position at a mainstream school! I'm excited :) I have several applications/resumes in at various places with some great promise! I'm excited to start a new journey!

We're still in little Lake Wales, FL [45 minutes from the Mouse! love it!].

I jut wanted to give a shout out to Ian too! I remember several years ago when I was really struggling with going back to work and not being a stay at home mom any more, Ian gave great advice that sadly I wasn't willing to listen too at the time. After finally following it ;) I'm happier now :) And the truth is, as much as we DID sacrifice for me to stay home, it just literally and financially couldn't be done. But I had about 3 wonderful years at home and feel very blessed for that as well.

Sorry!! What a ramble! Just really wanted to say, yay...I missed Intercot!

BluewaterBrad
06-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Good Luck with the interview!!:mickey:

faline
06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Welcome back! Good luck with your upcoming interview! :mickey:

Melanie
06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Welcome back!!! :clappy:

hoop de do
06-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome Back & Good Luck.

:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
06-28-2011, 10:05 PM
:mickey: Welcome back, Terra! I remember you -- nice to see you here!

Sending pixie dust for your interview... I hope it goes well, and that you enjoy the start of a new chapter in your life.

Be sure to let us know how it goes! :)

Terra
06-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Thank you! I'll be out the door soon this morning :)

RedSoxFan
06-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Welcome back and best of luck on your interviews.:mickey:

princessgirls
06-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Welcome Back Terra!! I remember you well!

I hope you rock the interview, and get the job!!

Nice to have you around again!

Julie:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
06-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome back, Terra! Sounds like the last few years have been busy ones!

You mention living in Lake Wales. I have fond memories of the town and staying at quaint little Chalet Suzanne. Is it still there?

KylesMom
06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
To coin a phrase, "Welcome Home, Terra"! :D Glad you're back. After a very challenging year and a half, it sounds like you're ready for something a little more low-key. Hope your interview is successful! Looking forward to seeing you on the boards again. :mickey:

Terra
06-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Welcome back, Terra! Sounds like the last few years have been busy ones!

You mention living in Lake Wales. I have fond memories of the town and staying at quaint little Chalet Suzanne. Is it still there?

Thanks again everyone! They said I should know something one way or another in 2 weeks :) I have several irons in several fires so we shall see! :)

Chalet IS still there! It's truly very quaint! They had a benefit fundraiser not too long ago that my DH helped set up. It was a big Luau event and I got to go with him. It was so much fun. They had a big tent set up on the shore of the lake :)

Flower
07-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey Terra! I haven't been on in a long time either - amazing what little time those kids allow us! We now have 3 little ones, 7,4 & the baby is 5.5 months.

We will be driving to LW in Dec for Christmas and have Disney booked for Jan - I can't wait! Speaking of the town, did they ever do anything with the old green hotel, the Grand I think it was called?

I hope you hear good things from your interview! I am struggling going back to work with 3 of them at home now...Wish I could win the lottery.

Lea

Terra
07-09-2011, 08:58 AM
They are doing some kind of refurbishment on it! I haven't kept to current on it, but they are fixing the outside and the in! :) So we'll see how that goes. It's such a neat old building to just sit there and go to waste!

I know! They keeps us so busy!! :)

I found out yesterday I did not get that position :/ I'm bummed but I have my irons in some other fires too so we'll see. I'm at the juncture where I have to pay daycare costs for my one son [who's not in a special needs school] and it is $130ish a week here, so I have to find something that covers that and then some of course!

Times are very lean in this region and the living wage doesn't match the paying wage much at all! lol

Congrats on the newest little one!!! So exciting!!

merlinmagic4
07-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Welcome back, Terra! I remember when you had your first baby :) They do keep you busy! Good luck with the job hunt :thumbsup:

Terra
07-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Welcome back, Terra! I remember when you had your first baby :) They do keep you busy! Good luck with the job hunt :thumbsup:

Thanks!! Time sure does fly! I need all the luck I can with the job search!

diz_girl
07-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Terra - I remember you too. Welcome Back!