PDA

View Full Version : rec's for romantic dinner and trip!

lawgirl
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
I would love to get everyone's recommendations for dinner reservations or something special to do at Epcot at night. I've been tons of times and LOVE WDW...my hubby has been 2 x. My parents are babysitting, so we have the whole trip to ourselves. What are your thoughts?

We have ressie's at the cool Japanese restaurant (Tokyo dining?), but I'm open for suggestions! Or are there any cool things to do while watching fireworks? Is there a special dessert thing at Epcot?

jenperich
06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
I would suggest opting out of dessert at dinner and strolling over to France. Once there, I would suggest grabbing dessert and a glass of champagne at Boulangerie Patisserie. There are tables around there or you could stroll once again and find that perfect spot to watch Illuminations.

This is what my husband and I did the night we got engaged. :-) :cloud9:

luvdiznee
06-29-2011, 07:07 AM
I second France. There are so many good deserts they offer. And Bistro de Paris may be a good choice for dinner.

mdricks
06-29-2011, 10:48 AM
A second vote for Bistro if you have to stay at Epcot. They try real hard to make this a dining experience "tres manifique"!

If you can peel away and get to dinner at the contemporary check the time for wishes and get a seating at cali gril one half hour beofore the fireworks. They dim the lights and pipe in the music. The romance factor is about as high as it gets at disney not to mention the food is excellent.

Diz with the spouse and not the kids...
I'm offically jealous now.:D

Disney Yankee
07-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I have to second Cali Grill. It's a little noisy, but the view at sunset and/or during Wishes is awesome!!!!

dizneydeb22
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
My husband and I had a very romantic dinner at Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge last year. It was our first trip without the kids since we got married in 1998. We were pleasantly surprised and we took a romantic stroll around the resort afterward. It is now our favorite restaurant! I hope you find the spot that fits you guys!! Good Luck. Sending you some :tink:(pixie dust) for a magical trip!

Fastpasssteve
07-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the most romantic spots on WDW property. Lovely, adult, great food & wine, atmosphere...beautiful. I couldn't have been more pleased with the entire evening. Check out pictures of the resort and restaurant on Flickr or Google images...and other websites. The entire place is charming.

I had the best fillet of beef there! Wow! Beautiful South African wines. Yum.

lawgirl
07-11-2011, 08:45 PM
I love Jiko! We've been 3-4 times and loved it. I'm trying to find something new that we haven't done before, that we should take advantage of without the baby!

mickey_M_lvr
07-12-2011, 11:34 AM
I would be careful when going to France for pastries. We went to the bakery in the evening after dinner for a treat and the bakery was really picked over. We finally settled on some pastries and they turned out to be on the stale side. We complained to a server at the bakery and were told that the freshness of the pastries could not be guaranteed at this hour because they only bake in the mornings. So it is first come first serve with no freshness guarantee.

SBETigg
07-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Bistro de Paris, and the Signature restaurants at WDW are all adult friendly and more romantic than the standards for us. But we also enjoy Tokyo Dining, Chefs de France, and some of the not-signature resort restaurants (Grand Floridian Cafe).

It's nice to take an evening and hit all the monorail resorts for a drink and snack. Tambu Lounge at the Poly (or, if you like sushi, the quieter Kona Cafe Sushi bar). Mizner's Lounge at the GF. California Grill at the Contemporary (they usually let you go up for just a drink, not always, but between ten and eleven is a good time for this). Also, Cava del Tequila in Mexico is a great place to try for interesting margaritas or tequila tasting and snacks (if you're into that sort of thing).