PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, beauty question

disneymom15
06-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Anyone ever use Latisse for your eyelashes? I've been contemplating trying this. Does it work. Once you aquire the desired looked, what do you need to do to keep it.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't have an answer but I'd be interested in hearing results too.

TheDuckRocks
07-05-2011, 12:08 AM
A friend of mine has used Latisse and her eyelashes grew very, very long but poker straight and never got any thicker than they were to begin with. She has stopped using the product. If anyone has had a different experience I like to know what theirs was before paying $139 and end up being as unhappy as my friend.

Ian
07-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Ha ha ha ha! I'm sorry ... I'm not a lady, but I have to chime in just because this topic came up at work the other day.

We work in pharma marketing and someone commented how they wish we'd just market simple stuff like Latisse instead of the crazy drugs our clients have.

This lead to a huge conversation between the men and women as to why women spend so much time worrying about their eyelashes. Not shockingly the women were vehemently arguing that eyelashes are very important while the gist of the men's point of view was, "I've never heard any guy say Wow! That woman has great lashes!"

Just funny to see this come up here so close on the heels of that conversation.

magicofdisney
07-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Maybe it's just marketing hype, but I've read that one of the first things a guy notices about a girl are her eyes. The lashes can "make you or break you." On that note, some people go overboard with fake eyelashes. I don't get it.

Obviously I feel a need for embellishment since I wear mascara. However, it's my understanding that those eyelash products require continued use to maintain the enhanced lashes.

MNNHFLTX
07-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I looked into Latisse, but decided not to do it after reading about the potential side effects (not just potential darkening of the iris or the skin around the eyes, which they advise about, but also eye and skin inflammatory reactions). You also have to be very careful not to get any of the solution on any other area of your skin, as it will make hair grow there too. And yes, you have to continue using Latisse indefinitely, otherwise your eyelashes will return to their previous state. It just didn't seem worth the hassle to me.

diz_girl
07-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Maybe it's just marketing hype, but I've read that one of the first things a guy notices about a girl are her eyes.

To all the men, stop snickering. We know what you notice first.

Never tried Latisse. It seems like it's just Rogaine for eyelashes. If you want to keep your eyelashes long, you have to use it indefinitely.

I just use an eyelash curler (Laura Mercier) and mascara (Trish McEvoy). The Laura Mercier eyelash curler is not a typical looking one, but it's easy to use. The Trish McEvoy High Volume mascara is different from most. It doesn't run. I repeat, it doesn't run. It creates a tube around the eyelash that comes off with warm water when you wash your face. It works really well too.

Cinderelley
07-12-2011, 04:54 AM
I am allergic to mascara. It makes my eyelashes fall out. I like the eyelash tinting. :number1: It highlights my eyes, and I don't have to worry about doing it every day.