PDA

View Full Version : It's Tough To Be A Bug -- Refurb

PopPhan
06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I have just seen, on another site, that It's Tough To Be A Bug will be going down for refurb August 15th until September 30th.....

Hopefully, they will clean up/digitize the video. Other than that, it should be just general maintenance - making sure the effects all work, and work correctly.

Just wanted to let everyone know....

(We will be down during this stretch, so we'll miss it this trip!! Dang! It's one of our favorite attractions!)

Pop Centurion
06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
I read that as well. Supposedly a big reason for this is because Hopper has been malfunctioning for quit a while.
I know he wasn't working when we went last Sept & people are still reporting the same thing. Pretty sad that a year after he wasn't working properly they decide to fix it. I'm disappointed I won't see it this year but it good they're finally getting around to it.
Now fix the Yeti. ;)

CajunDisneyDad
06-28-2011, 12:24 PM
lol not sure fixing the Yeti is possible right now lol.

lovinmesomedisney
06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
I guess all the refurbs need to be done, but I don't like the timing of this one. I am going in September, and I have to say, I really enjoy ITTBAB. :(

mommad
06-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I was there in April and was a bit disappointed to see that Hopper didn't work at all during the showing I attended. Hopefully they'll get all these malfunctioning figures back up and going soon.

DizneyFreak2002
06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
It's Tough To Be A Bug does need it... I am glad the attraction is getting some TLC and will be open for my first week of October trip...

JPL
06-28-2011, 11:44 PM
I do know that Disney does have plans to replace all their film attraction projectors and upgrade to digital projectors not sure of the exact timetable but my guess is the malfunctioning Hopper has moved this one up on the list since they have to close it to fix him. I also noticed that some of the smaller effects could use some TLC as well.

crltkcagle
07-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh rats! Guess we won't be seeing it this year! But I am glad they are going to fix hopper!

texas211
07-23-2011, 06:36 PM
I went in June. Hopper was fine, but the video needed some work. Seemed a bit outta focus at times. Hopefully they'll clean that up.

Martino
07-26-2011, 07:52 AM
(We will be down during this stretch, so we'll miss it this trip!! Dang! It's one of our favorite attractions!)

Oh well, We'll miss it too and have told people we are taking about it too. I guess maintenance has to be done - BUT NOT WHILST I'M THERE!!!!!

I always worry about things like this when booking, as you don't know what might happen. Better not be planning anything for Haunted Mansion or I will be gutted!:blush:

DisneyMom12
07-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Darn, I was really looking forward to it. Some of my family members have not seen it yet, so I'd rather they see it in good working condition especially their first time. Guess I will have to talk them into coming back again. lol

Pop Centurion
07-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Just read on another site that the refurb has been cancelled. Hmmm, wonder why.

Can anyone who's been there recently report on the current state of the attraction?

DisneyMom12
07-29-2011, 08:15 PM
When I looked at the calendar the other day it was not listed as being closed.

PopPhan
08-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Just read on another site that the refurb has been cancelled. Hmmm, wonder why.

Can anyone who's been there recently report on the current state of the attraction?

I see that on the WDW Online site, the park hours do not list this as being closed, but on other sites that list refurbs, it still is listed as being under refurb for the second half of September....

Guess I'll find out for sure in about a month and a half....If we walk into the park and see the line closed...:(