PDA

View Full Version : Interesting snacks?

IamBelle
06-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I was reading a post on a different website about a white chocolate elephant cupcake in AK and a Butterfinger cupcake in DHS, both which I have never seen before and am excited to try. The blogger said that they can be considered as snacks on the dining plan.

So instead of eating the normal snacks that are in every park, I want to try something different.

Does anybody know of any other interesting snacks that would be on the dining plan?:popcorn:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
My favourite place to spend snack credits is at the newish caramel shop in Germany. We filled up there on our last trip, fresh caramel corn, caramel and chocolate pretzels, caramel cookies ... everything was just WONDERFUL :thumbsup:

disneymom15
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Love the caramel corn drizzled with chocolate and pecans. Didn't care much for the cupcake drizzled with caramel from there.

Kairi_7378
06-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Where do you get the Butterfinger cupcake?

cather74
06-27-2011, 10:12 PM
I saw it at Starring Rolls bakery.

Dsnygirl
06-28-2011, 03:38 AM
:mickey: Subscribing to this thread b/c I'd love some new ideas to try on our next trip... :eat:

MIKESMOM
06-28-2011, 05:32 AM
The carrot cake cookie from The Writer's Stop in DHS. Any pastry from Boulangerie Patisserie in the France pavilion in Epcot. :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-28-2011, 07:26 AM
The carrot cake cookie from the Writer's Stop is really good! If you like carrot cake (and cream cheese frosting), it's definitely worth the visit. :thumbsup: (The cookie monster had already gotten to this one (http://benellen.smugmug.com/Vacation/Food/WDW-Aug10-Dining/smugshot4348819/1039432118_wzJ8x-XL.jpg) before I remembered to snap a pic. :blush: )

We missed the opening of Karamell Kuche by a month last year, but it's high on my list of "must visits" for our next trip.

Jillirose
06-28-2011, 07:51 AM
(The cookie monster had already gotten to this one (http://benellen.smugmug.com/Vacation/Food/WDW-Aug10-Dining/smugshot4348819/1039432118_wzJ8x-XL.jpg)
How could he resist? I can't believe I didn't see these when we were there. On my list for the next trip!

IamBelle
06-29-2011, 02:57 PM
mmm...I love carmel! I have never heard of that shop before...definitely a must do!!

I love carrot cake, and that cookie looks soo good! I have always passed by the Writer's Stop in DHS, I really should go this trip!!

Also, for anybody looking for interesting snack, I remembered that on the Dining plan, you can get a make your own cookie at Goofy's Candy Shop in DTD. You could also pay out of pocket for make your own apples, etc. I LOVE the cookies...they are just the right size for a snack and are unique because you can put whatever you want on it!!

lala71474
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
The carrot cake cookie from The Writer's Stop in DHS. Any pastry from Boulangerie Patisserie in the France pavilion in Epcot. :mickey:

That carrot cake cookie is TO DIE FOR! I can't wait to have that in December 162 days left to wait! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
The jalepeno cheese filled pretzels at AK....in 2008 that was the only park I could find them in and then only one snack cart...yummy

jsw123
06-29-2011, 09:10 PM
OK, that carrot cake cookie looks amazing! We are there in three weeks. I will definitely partake!!!!:thumbsup:

cer
06-30-2011, 11:32 AM
The carrot cake cookie is good. Very rich. We shared one on our last trip.

I also need to chime in on the caramel corn in Germany. This one I did not need to share at all. I LOVE caramel corn. And this did not disappoint. Note: Small bag is on dining plan snack credit. Large bag is not. (I had to get the large bag) :thumbsup:

Another snack first on our last trip was the hand dipped ice cream cookie sandwiches at the bakery on main street. These are not on the dining plan, but really sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and pay out of pocket! Our last trip was all about experiencing all the wonderful snacks I had read about on the boards and this was one of them. The cookies are HUGE! They put one on each dessert sized paper plate. (You choose what kind of cookie - husband and daughter got chocolate chip, son got sugar) The the cast member behind the counter hand dips THREE scoops of ice cream on one of the cookies, picks up the paper plate holding the other cookie and mashes them together. It is truly a thing of beauty. The cookies are about 5 inches in diameter. Definitely rich and one of those things that needs to be shared. Toward the end of our trip, we discovered that they make these also at the food court at All Star Music.

MississippiDisneyFreak, on our next trip I am going to have to get the jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels....that was on our list to do last time, but when we passed the cart no one was really hungry. :(

IamBelle
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Another snack first on our last trip was the hand dipped ice cream cookie sandwiches at the bakery on main street...Toward the end of our trip, we discovered that they make these also at the food court at All Star Music.

Ooh...those sound so good! I am staying at All Star Music, so I will definitely try those...do you know if the ones at the hotel are on the dining plan?

I absolutely will try the jalapeno cheese pretzels! I didn't even know they had those in WDW. I tried the cream cheese stuffed soft pretzels a few years ago in Tomorrowland...soo good!

Scar
06-30-2011, 12:51 PM
The jalepeno cheese filled pretzels at AK....in 2008 that was the only park I could find them in and then only one snack cart...yummyI got one a couple months ago at the kiosk in The American Adventure.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-30-2011, 01:17 PM
I got one a couple months ago at the kiosk in The American Adventure.

Glad to hear that....after I got that one I looked in all the other parks and could only find the plain pretzels that you could buy the little cup of cheese sauce for and they were kind of yucky.....of course that was 3 years ago, glad they have them in other parks now

dmallan
07-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Starring Rolls also has a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake, which is VERY rich and yummy and big enough to share.
I have also heard they have a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake. I've not tried that yet, but it sounds wonderful!

The Carrot Cake Cookie is definitely on my list to try this year! Just can't go wrong with Carrot Cake!

IamBelle
07-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Yumm! I've seen a picture of the red velvet cupcake...it looks dee-lish!! I can't wait to try all of these in August!!

Pop Centurion
07-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Another snack first on our last trip was the hand dipped ice cream cookie sandwiches at the bakery on main street. These are not on the dining planDid they recently change this? I get one or two of these on every trip & have always used a snack credit. I really hope they didn't change it, they are one of my favorite treats in WDW. Now excuse me while I clean the drool off my keyboard as I'm craving one very badly right now.

mrsgaribaldi
07-02-2011, 12:13 AM
The carrot cake cookie from the Writer's Stop is really good! If you like carrot cake (and cream cheese frosting), it's definitely worth the visit. :thumbsup: (The cookie monster had already gotten to this one (http://benellen.smugmug.com/Vacation/Food/WDW-Aug10-Dining/smugshot4348819/1039432118_wzJ8x-XL.jpg) before I remembered to snap a pic. :blush: )

We missed the opening of Karamell Kuche by a month last year, but it's high on my list of "must visits" for our next trip.

I love carrot cake!! That looks delicious. I have to try it next time.

Kairi_7378
07-02-2011, 02:30 PM
The carrot cake cookie looks a little like a whoopie pie (like you would buy from the PA Dutch.) Is that what they taste like? They look tasty :blush:

Disney4us2
07-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Another vote for the carrot cake cookie. It is so yummy. Two layers of carrot cake with the frosting sandwiched in the middle. Darn, I could go for one right now.