PDA

View Full Version : Off days

BongoFury
06-27-2011, 01:13 PM
How many non-park days do you plan for during your stay. if any at all?

Wright46
06-27-2011, 01:26 PM
On our last trip we picked a few days that we just went to the park for a few hours at night. It was nice to be at the park later in the day and be relaxed and in good spirits.

illinois belle
06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Ok, we just got done doing disney commando style. we did 8 days straight in the parks, with only 1 morning off to go to church services, and 1 afternoon back at hotel to escape heat. We had an awesome time. I wouldn't trade a minute of our Disney magic, but we need a vacation now from our vacation. Plan some time off if you want to be relaxed when you get home. We know we won't be able to get back for a long time, so we tried to do as much as we could.

DVC2004
06-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Used to be never, but now that we are older and have been going every year and often mutliple trips, we like to plan at least 1 but ideally 2 non park days. We all agreed last year that taking a day or two to chill at the pool, go to the beach, or just hang out was good for all of us. If it's a quick trip we still try to take one day. My kids love to swim and seem to get more excited at the mention of a day at the pool than anything else lately!

teambricker04
06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
It's funny because DH wants days off but I still want park tickets for our off days as we can still enjoy fireworks or a meal or whatever. Plus, it doesn't cost that much more just to get the tickets. We break up our days so we don't wear out. Park in the morning, pool or mini golf or both in the afternoon, and eventually back at the park. Now that our little kids are older, we will be slower bc we don't have strollers! We find we are more leisurely now :)

Tygger7
06-27-2011, 02:08 PM
On our last trip, we were there 11 days so we had one "no park" day. I think knowing that I couldn't go to a park made me want to go worse than anything. I vowed that if we were ever in that situation again, I'd just get an annual pass. Honestly, it's not that much more to add days...it's nice to have the flexibility in case you decide to go see fireworks or want to do a meal in one of the parks. So basically, I "plan" to go to the parks every day...even though it may only be for an hour or two. :mickey:

Belster
06-27-2011, 02:13 PM
We are park commandos...no relaxing for us. :mickey:

biodtl
06-27-2011, 02:24 PM
No off days for us. We don't go frequently enough to want to take time from the parks.

disneymom15
06-27-2011, 02:36 PM
We don't "plan" any off days. None of our daily plans are set in stone. We take things as we go.

Katzateer
06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
When the girls were younger we would try to spend a lot of down time to swim, resort hop. Since we havebeengoing for so many years we usually spend about 3 full days park hopping from dawn to dusk and find plenty to do on non- park days. We usually stay about a week so that gives us 3 days of other activities. If you need some suggestions let me know.

joonyer
06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
ZERO. Our WDW vacations are usually not long enough to take days off just to hang around a resort, etc. We go to WDW for the theme park experience, and while we do take in DTD and enjoy an afternoon or two at the resort or a water park, we don't have the luxury of all time we need to see and do everything we want to in the parks and still take days off.

Lizzie
06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
On our next trip I am hoping to book a longer trip. So I hope to plan two water park days and a day of no parks but to go to Downtown Disney and do our shopping during the day.

mgmnut
06-27-2011, 04:19 PM
We usually do 2 days at Universal, last trip we did none. This trip we have 1 non park day (Hang at Resort), 2 Universal Days, and 5 Disney Days planned. But, we also plan to take mid day breaks this trip and we have never done that.

PETE FROM NYC
06-27-2011, 04:29 PM
When DW and I were younger, we did the parks from open til close, every full day we had. Now, that we are older and retired, we do longer trips, have breakfast in our 1 BR villa, and hit our park du jour 10-11 AM and stay til closing. We now usually take a day off in the middle to do DTD, have lunch there and dinner at T-Rex or RFC. We rarely ever do a day in the resort, unless its super bad weather. Heck, in all of our trips, I have never even been in a pool.
We still may do parks each day if travelling with others.

Cara121078
06-27-2011, 04:46 PM
We don't do a "day off", but we do an easy day, where we sleep in, spend the morning at the pool and go to the parks in the evening.

Jillirose
06-27-2011, 05:45 PM
We don't plan off days anymore. We buy hoppers and when we're tired or need a break we take it.

faline
06-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Depending on the length of our trip, I do try to build in one off day.

AmandaChan
06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
We went with a party of 8 last time and our LO just so happen to wake up at 5:30 am on our off day and would not go back to sleep.. everyone was still asleep and wanted to sleep in. So DH and I decided to go to MK by ourselves and it only cost $10 extra to go. I am so glad we did because we got there at open and it was SUCH a nice break from everyone and this was by far my favorite time that we had! We also had LO hair cut and it was such a special day. We only stayed for about 4 hours though.. I wish every day and every moment was like this one day. we loved it.

Dulcee
06-28-2011, 07:16 PM
None for us...

we always have park hoppers though so we tend to take the middle of the afternoon off between hopping parks. I can't imagine being there and not being IN a park for at least part of the day!

LynBug
06-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Our very first night we always spend at Downtown Disney, but we always make it out to the parks each day of our trip, usually with some relaxing time at the hotel mid-afternoons. I don't think we could stand not making it out to the parks! :mickey:

Dragongirlx
06-29-2011, 03:44 AM
Usually half a day to go to downtown disney but the rest of the time is spent in the Parks

MushuGrl
06-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Very rare does this happen with us, but we are beginning to chill out - the last vacation we took we slept in every morning except for the morning we had a tour and the morning we booked CRT.

There was one day on my second trip that my mom and I took and spent most all day at DTD. That is one of my favorite memories of that trip, just hanging out with her.

akaDisneyDreamer
06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
We go to the parks every day, but we do try to take a daily break at our resort to swim or relax each afternoon. This usually works out really well for us. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
06-29-2011, 11:36 PM
We've never scheduled a day out of the parks, although our last trip we did spend most of a day at our resort, before heading to MNSSHP around 5pm. We just swam and relaxed, and it was lovely.

This next trip, we don't have any "days off" scheduled, but we are spending two days at the waterparks, with no eveing park scheduled -- just DTD or dinner and relaxing. Does that count?? ;)

I'm sure at some point, we will build days like this into our trips... but right now, our girls are 10 and 13 and although they definitely want pool time, they're all about the parks, otherwise. So that's the way it will be for a little while, I think!