View Full Version : Our Savannah Trip to Remember Day 9

Joannelet
06-26-2011, 03:26 PM
It is about time I finish my reports! Lol

Our last official day in the world. Thursday May 12th
me, 34
My dh, 35
My Ds 2

We hung out and ate in the concierge lounge at our hotel which was Animal kingdom Lodge for those just joining. :) Called my niece but she had already left for school...it was her 6th birthday this day!
After that we decided to go to Mk again. Rode its a small world again...my sons favorite as well as Dumbo. Had lunch at Pinocchios village house and my son also napped in there. Again a hot day but a little more bearable. We started collecting those coins on this trip for my son. Gosh it became addicting. We only got a couple but it was fun. Took him to country bear jamboree. He loved this show. After we just browsed the shops and decided to head back and pack a little. We did most of our packing then my hubby wanted to go workout so he did. I realized that it was around the time where the animals at our hotel are the most active so my son and I headed down with my camera in hand and we got some excellent views of the baby giraffe and her mom. Some other giraffes and water buffalo? Not sure....My son was amazed by the giraffe because the giraffe that was by us was eating a branch. She dropped it over the side of a tree log. So she stretched her neck all the way over it and stuck out her looooonnnng tongue to reach for it. You had to see my sons face! It was priceless! We stayed out there for a long time. By the time we roamed back to the room my hubby was back and showered. We decided to take off for some more Animal Kingdom.
Took a longgggg time for the bus. So long that we struck up convo with these 2 college students who were also waiting. I am so happy I met them because they told me why they were there and was sooo mad I didnt know about this or I would have been there with my own team! But they were doing the scavenger hunt the next day in all of the parks. They said it was posted on D23's website which I am also a member of...but never heard of this. There were over 500 teams competing for 2 days in the parks. The prizes they said are amazing! It is the first year doing it and so they are planning for next year too. I hope I hear about it in the future because I would love love love to do it!
So after my shock of this huge event that I was going to miss the next day the bus finally got there and dropped all 5 of us at Animal Kingdom. We went to Dinoland....my son got soaked in the play area. Rode the dino ride that flies like Dumbo a few times. Walked the Majarah jungle trek to see the tigers but found none...too hot. Went to the bird section of the trek where my son fell in love with a blue billed duck. Stopped and watched the monkies after leaving the trek-my son loved them....they were putting on quite a show and got a view of a baby on her mom. Then took my sloshing son back to the hotel to change. Went to dinner for a final time at our hotel. Went to the arcade for a little. Said a tearful goodbye to our outside of the hotel. Then went to the room. Packed some more things into the car then headed off to bed.
Departure day: Friday May 13th- got up really early and headed out. So sad to leave! Drove to North Carolina and stopped for the night. Next day we were home around 6pm. We unfortunately hit a lot of traffic that last day....we were exhausted. It was the only bad travel day we had out of the whole trip.
Overall this trip was amazing! We loved it! The hotel is now our favorite! I hope to be able to switch into it again someday!
Next trip:October for my Dad's 70th birthday!

faline
06-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Well October is just around the corner so you'll be back at Disney World before you know it! Can't wait to read about your next trip!

brian2000boston
06-27-2011, 07:11 AM
great end to a great vacation, glad you all had such a great time. It makes me excited for when we get to enter the world again.

KylesMom
06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks for coming back & finishing, Joanne. Your trip was filled with so much magic - it was a joy to read each report to see what DS was going to discover next. Your reports really brought back some great memories of taking DS for his first trip at age 2.

How exciting that you're going to be able to return so quickly. October truly will be here before you know it.

Thanks again! :mickey:

Joannelet
06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Awe thanks everyone! This trip was the most special trip we've ever needed. We decided to book it in Dec. We had been trying to have baby #2 with no luck for a loooong time. So I booked the trip to help take my mind off things. It worked as I did get prego right after booking but miscarried in Feb. So then this trip sort of became a healing trip. But again my Disney is always looking out for me as the day we were leaving I found out I was prego again! I consider both my children Disney babies now as we had trouble with my first as well and found out about him while in Disneyland California. :) So this trip was about family, healing, happiness and of course making more memories that will never be forgotten. After all isn't that what life is all about? So Disney has always been dear to me and now I feel even a closer connection to it. :) Can't wait for Oct. The entire family is going....:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Glad you enjoyed AKL, I hope we can stay there one day

DizNee143
06-29-2011, 05:51 PM
sounds like you all enjoyed your last full day in "the world"

i really enjoyed reading all about your trip!! it has definitely gotten me excited for when we take our then 2yr old to disney in may!!!

thank you again for sharing your trip with us..:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: