PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Resort Building?

Mickey's 4Walls
06-24-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm going to Disney in November:mickey: and need to know which building to request at the PR! I've always wanted to stay here, and I'm getting to for MY Birthday!!!It will be my DH, me and 2 sons. Please help! Thx! :party2:

SpecJoe Magic
06-25-2011, 05:31 AM
We've stayed at the Polynesian once (2008) and we were in Aotearoa. I'm sure that some people think that building is not among the best at the resort because it's not as close to the Great Ceremonial House (main building) as some of the other buildings, it's on the opposite end of the resort from the Transportation and Ticket Center (makes walking to and from the TTC, if that's important to you, much farther), and it's close to the Spirit of Aloha luau stage (though I didn't hear any noise from the show when I was in the room).

All that said, we loved it there anyway! My point being that there really isn't a bad place to stay at the Polynesian. A few things I did like about the location is that it's fairly close to Captain Cook's food court, it isn't right up against the pool (which could be good or bad depending on who you ask. It was good for me because it meant less foot traffic and no noise from the pool area), and we could see the monorail pass by from our beds.

I'm sure there will be some frequent Polynesian visitors to come along and help you out with specifics as to what buildings are best and for what reasons. My objective is to relate to you that even a supposedly "bad" building at the Polynesian is actually great in my opinion.

A Big Kid
06-25-2011, 11:24 AM
My pick: Tahiti.

It is closest to the TTC for access to the epcot and MK monorail. It is also close to the ferry for tranportation to the MK.

There is no pool nearby so there is no pool noise.

It has some of the largest rooms in the Poly resort.

All rooms have a full balcony or a patio. Some rooms have a view of the MK (though you have to pay more for this perk.)

mariak
06-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I have to agree...Tahiti!! We're going on our third time there. We just love the location...so close to the transportation center so that we can hop the monorail to MK or Epcot very quick and easy! Busses are handy too. The only bad thing is not being close to the main building or by the pools. But those things aren't far and it's worth it to us. We requested castle view (at a higher rate, of course) the first time we stayed at the Polynesian (thinking we'd never do it again) and that's where they put us. Now, I would have a hard time staying in any other building. And yes, rooms are nice and big! Have a Magical Trip!:mickey:

LisaP
06-26-2011, 12:39 AM
My vote is for Samoa bldg. It is very close to great ceremonial house and our room overlooked the volcano pool. I could also sit on my balcony and look right to see the Electrical Water Pageant on the lagoon, as well as Wishes at MK :-)

I guess it depends on what is most important to you ... if quiet is a priority (facing the pool does not accomplish that but I loved the action), or if you want to be centrally located, or if you're looking for a nice view.

Enjoy your stay! Poly is PARADISE! :cloud9:

mickeefan
06-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Another vote for Samoa, followed very closely by Tokelau and Tahiti.
Of our 7 stays at the Polynesian 5 have been Samoa and two in Hawaii.
We have requested Samoa for our upcoming November trip.

wmdaddy
06-30-2011, 07:43 AM
For Garden view, Tokelau. For lagoon view, Tahiti.

Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui rooms are all 476 sq ft and have balconies or patios. All other rooms are 415 sq ft and 2nd floor rooms have no balconies.

splashtest
06-30-2011, 08:57 AM
We has Samoa last time and loved it, but I am, also partial to Tuvalu.

Figment104
07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
We stayed in Tokelau and it was great! Not too far from the Grand Ceremonial House as well as being not too far from the TTC. Our room really felt large and it was so nice having a balcony to sit and relax on. We were also able to see the monorail go by, but it wasn't too close if that makes sense. Like PP said I don't think you can really go wrong with any on the buildings at the Poly!

Have a great trip! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-06-2011, 04:17 PM
The Tokelau Longhouse would be my choice for a garden view, especially if it is your first time staying at the Poly. As wmdaddy stated, the Tokelau has the largest standard rooms. It is centrally located to both pools, the beach, the GCH and it's an easy walk to the TTC for your Monorail trip to Epcot.

KarenP
07-07-2011, 08:10 PM
My favorite buildings besides Hawaii, which is club, level are Samoa and Tokelau.