PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rabbit Character

dntccc
06-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Is Roger Rabbit ever out at WDW? The times we have visited the parks since the character existed, I don't think we have ever seen him out (meet and greet, pictures, etc.)

JasonH
06-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Actually he had been out and about before, but it's been many years. He was sort of the ambassador/host I guess you could say for the 20th anniversary of WDW. Best thing to do if you're looking for pics of that time would be to look for exactly that, the 20th anniversary of WDW. Since then, I've not seen him b/c there's no attractions featuring him in any way shape or form. :(

SpecJoe Magic
06-25-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm under the impression that since "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" was produced with assistance from Steven Spielberg (Amblin Entertainment), Steven has some say so about where, when, and how much the character is used. That's been the prevailing rumor for a while anyway. Whether or not that's true is unknown to me. It is very peculiar the way that Roger is used by Disney. For example, there is a giant Roger Rabbit at PoP Century and a ride based on the movie at Disneyland's Toontown, but Roger is never seen as a meet and greet character at the parks nowadays, and he was removed from Spectro Magic and replaced by Genie in 2001 (Roger was the conductor on the float with Goofy and the harp for ten years). It makes me curious about the circumstances surrounding the character.

Stevadore
07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
We got a rare treat when we went in early Dec. '95. It was chilly, jacket weather and there were about 15 of the charactors in a courtyard at MGM with only about 30 other kids. My DD was running from one charactor to another like mad but she kept going back to hug Roger like an old friend. I remember him being very tall. Maybe it was the ears. Now were is that VHS tape.....oh no...where is the VHS player?

Main Street Jim
09-07-2011, 10:55 PM
RR was also the original "host" for Spectro when it debuted in 1991. You should be able to find some video of it on YouTube.

I know, I know..."it's just not the same..."...LOL