PDA

View Full Version : Any noise/drone/ambient/concrete fans?

Dirty Bird Street
06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I figure there's at least one in every bunch; hopefully this bunch is big enough so it's not just me.

I'm sort of a half-outsider on the genres myself, leaning more towards ambient- and drone-oriented works. However, I'm a big fan of Keiji Haino's noisier and more percussive material, and I just downloaded Kikuri (Haino with Merzbow), which is fantastic. Unrestrained, almost savage, and both of them at the top of their game.

Noise and the like might not seem particularly Disney-ish, but in my eyes, art knows no limits. Some of my happiest moments are listening to The 21st Century Hard-y Guide-y Man poolside with a refreshing beverage in my hand, fading into vacation bliss... get into it!

For the brave souls out there looking for something new, I'll suggest Rapoon as a springboard: ambient pieces with a world flair... Epcotish, if you will. Not for bobbing along in the car, but more of a mood in tone and texture.

disneymom15
06-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Obviously, I'm not in your "bunch". I have no idea what or who you're talking about.

Itchy
06-25-2011, 12:14 PM
:jaw::bolt::scratch:

Huh!

trapper
06-25-2011, 12:29 PM
:ditto:

sassafras
06-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Me too!:confused::shrug::scratch: