PDA

View Full Version : June Trip 2011 (Friday June 10 )

cajundisneyfreak
06-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Our 1st day at Universal.We rode the shuttle bus there but walked back to the hotel when the park closed at 8:00pm.It was a nice short walk(maybe 10-15 minutes). We went to Islands of Adventure.Went straight to to Harry Potter section.We had butterbeer & pumpkin juice.Both were very good.Then we headed out to the Jurassic Park ride and kept going to each attraction thereafter.Went back to the Harry Potter section later in the afternoon and it was definitely less crowded.So we got to wander through all the shops then go into the castle.The regular was at 45 minutes to ride Forbidden Journey.We decided to get in the single rider line and it went pretty quickly.Let me just say that I get motion sickness really easy but I was determined to ride it.I was so grateful when the ride was finally over.I was so nauseated that I was almost at the point of making myself throw up in hopes of feeling better.My sister was laughing and said I looked like a drunk on Bourbon Street cause I was laying down on a bench.She went get me a sprite and gave me some aspirin hoping that would make me feel better.Eventually I did feel better.The warning sign said if you have any prosthetic limbs you had to remove them before riding.That should have told me that it was gonna be a bad ride.I have never seen that before.

faline
06-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Wow! This is the second report I've read in a week or so about how ill someone was after riding this! Sorry you felt so badly - hope the ride was worth it!

kakn7294
06-25-2011, 11:57 AM
How terrible! What a shame to have your experience ruined by getting sick.

Aurora
06-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh, if you were there a few days earlier we could have kept each other company. Maybe we SHOULD get drunk before riding -- couldn't be any worse, right? :party:

KylesMom
06-27-2011, 01:28 PM
You know, I don't feel quite so bad about missing Universal. While DS and I are HUGE Harry Potter fans and I wanted to experience everything in the area when we decide to go (not this trip), I think this would do me in. Between yours and Aurora's reports (as well as a few others), I think I would be ruined for the rest of the day. I've never tried Mission:Space's full version just because of this!

I'm glad that after awhile you began to feel better - but what a bummer that you were so "off". Thanks for sharing your experience for those of us who were on the fence about trying this! :mickey:

pdrlkr
07-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the Report! :mickey2: