PDA

View Full Version : Tree Houses & Contemporary

We LOVE Disney
06-24-2011, 03:52 PM
My hubby stayed in the tree houses YEARS ago and I guess you can stay there again now. Anyone stayed there recently that can give me the pros and cons of staying there. It may be TOO secluded for me though............

Also, I've never stayed in the Contemporary but would LOVE to maybe try the new area. Is it possible to stay there or is it for Disney Club Members only? IF we can stay there, can you please give me the pros and cons of staying there?

POR is our absolute favorite and we'll 98% for sure stay there but I wanted to look at a couple of other potential options as well.

TIA :mickey:
Tracy

Ed
06-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes, the old treehouses were replaced two or three years ago, and are available for reservation; however, they are extremely popular and are usually booked solid. They are considered part of Saratoga Springs, and thus are a part of Disney Vacation Club.

By the "new area" of the Contemporary, are you referring to Bay Lake Towers ? If so, BLT is also a DVC resort.

But don't despair; a percentage of all DVC resorts is set aside for general (non member) rental, as are any unreserved rooms in the DVC portion.

I haven't personally stayed in either resort, so I'll leave that part for others to comment on.

Jillirose
06-25-2011, 01:19 PM
My brother and family stayed there last year - they 'liked' it, but had young kids and felt like everything was quite a trek (to pool, to bus, to food.... all at Saratoga Springs). I guess they felt it was too secluded for their taste.